Chapter 7

Can't even take a walk alone. Ayatsuji thought puffing smoke out of his mouth, a mixture of amusement and annoyance inside of him, and yet his face ever so unfazed.

Being tailed by the Port Mafia's most loyal puppy, Akutagawa Ryūnosuke, was something that Ayatsuji didn't know if he had to find it flattering or a nuisance. He scoffed.

I am afraid he also thinks he is hiding himself well... A simpleton at its finest. Ayatsuji softly sighed. He didn't actually care enough to call him out for stalking him. Ayatsuji was simply out for a stretch, so he wasn't going to kill anybody. Or at least, it was not in his plans.

As Ayatsuji approached the gates of the park to exit, a cough could be heard near him. Ayatsuji chuckled.

"Decided to end that badly done shady seesighting?"

"..." Akutagawa narrowed his eyes at him, as he stood behind Ayatsuji.

Port Mafia's member are all mentally ill, good grief. Jumping off a palace to reach me? How amazingly idiotic. Ayatsuji looked at him with sufficience.

"Is there a reason to tail me?"

"Is there a reason for you to be out?" Akutagawa asked, without missing a beat.

Ayatsuji rolled his eyes. "Do you care enough to learn my schedule? Planning to ask me out?"

Akutagawa, looking at him disgusted, avoided the question, as it neccessitated no answer. "You're not allowed to go out of the park."

"Such entitlement to decide for me, when I can decide your fate. How ironic." Ayatsuji chuckled, shaking slightly his head. "You're not too smart, are you?"

"You're lucky you're not under my watch, Goldilocks." Akutagawa said, sternly looking at him.

"Lucky?" Ayatsuji chuckled. "Are you salty because your subordinate is taking care of me?"

"Higuchi is not "taking care" of you. She's looking after the mess you create."

"I think we are closer than that." Ayatsuji found amusing how Akutagawa's annoyed expression was growing more evident by the second.

"Higuchi is not going to be your little doll to play under your prescription, just so you can pass the day. Is that understood, Goldylocks?" Akutagawa closed distance with him, throwing daggers at him with the eyes.

Ayatsuji chuckled and stepped forward. "All clear, Blood-Stinky."

Akutagawa's eyes widened, as he wanted to throw Ayatsuji to the other side of the world with Rashōmon.

"Akutagawa-senpaaai! Ayatsuji-saaan!" Higuchi yelled, running in their direction, panting. As she reached them, she stopped and caught her breath.

Ayatsuji sighed. "You really ran all the way here just because you were told to?"

"Asks the one that has been calling me non-stop tonight!"

Akutagawa glanced at Ayatsuji in realization. "So that was why I took a scolding...?" He murmured, narrowing his eyes. "Don't call her if it's not urgent."

"I don't take orders." He breathed in his kiseru. As he was about to smoke on Akutagawa's face, Higuchi pulled him away from him.

"Don't you dare." She threatened him, causing Ayatsuji to smirk.

"Of course." He shrugged. "Only because it's you to say it."

Akutagawa was about to derail at him, and Ayaysuji was all in for that. How amusing it was to him!

"I think it's time for me to get Ayatsuji-san to his house, Akutagawa-senpai." Higuchi nervously interrupted their antics as she saw the situation going south. Standing in front of Akutagawa, she took a good look at his face. "It's also best for you to go sleep."

"I don't need your care." He grimaced at Higuchi. "Take Goldilocks to his fortress, and don't let him out. For everyone's sake."

Higuchi looked at him puzzled, as he turned around and went off. Ayatsuji simply started to walk out of the gates.

"See you, Senpai!" She waved politely with a smile, that turned upside down quickly as she turned to Ayatsuji. "Ayatsuji-san the car is the opposite direction!"

"So what? Long or short be the trail, the destination remains the same." He shrugged.

"Why can't you just let me sleep...?" Higuchi sighed in defeat. It was only the first day without Tsujimura. Twenty-nine days that had yet to pass.

"Quicken up, if you don't want me to wander without your watch."

"Yeah, yeah. Coming..." She slowly walked after him, staying slightly behind his shadow. His response to that was to walk faster, so to annoy her.

"Are you doing a marathon at 3 in the morning?!" Higuchi yelled at him, her nerves ticked off.

"What can I say? I'm just the athletic type, it seems." Ayatsuji chuckled, inhaling from his kiseru.

I hope you smoke so much to reach the point of lungs failure. Higuchi thought, her eyes killing him in every possible way.

"It's unneeded for me to see you to feel your gaze. I hope you understand what it means." Ayatsuji shook his head in disdain. "Be subtle, at the very least, Dangerous Mafia." A taunting tone on that little nickname.

I hope you see that bridge in front of us and get what I'd like you to do. Higuchi thought and groaned at the fact that she couldn't even allow him to jump off, as she was working with him to protect both the world from Ayatsuji and Ayatsuji from the world. Besides, it striked to her as if he was actually his own worst enemy. Who could ever oppose to him?

Higuchi pulled him by the arm in the right direction, as he wanted to do a longer strive.

"I don't think so." She muttered, Ayatsuji was amused by the situation.

"Not much of a night owl, mh? Eighter way, you don't strike me as an early bird too... Are you perhaps a bear that goes letargic all day?"

"...." Higuchi didn't even look his way for how much she was unnerved. They kept walking in a tense silence for a good while, before reaching her black car.

As always, Ayatsuji sat on the back seats, on the left side. Higuchi drove him home.

"I genuinely don't care wether you stay or not in your studio, but", Higuchi looked at him from the window, "don't get on the bad side of Akutagawa-senpai again."

"Aye, aye, captain." Ayatsuji waved, he was clearly not taking her seriously. "Be sure not to go letargic while driving, you wouldn't want to have an incident." He mocked her, before entiring back in the mannor without getting seen by the snipers.

If only he put his brain at work in the right ways, he would be nicer to deal with!

On the roof of a nearby palace, there seemed to be a figure standing. It was high up, so due to the distance and the tricks of light and shadows that the moon played, might made Higuchi something that wasn't there. Her suspects dissipated when she blinked and saw that whatever she thought was there had never been there. So on, Higuchi decided for a drive home filled to the brim with tiredness, that seemed to play jokes on her sight already.

Ayatsuji scrutized the roof from his window, Certainly, she did not have allucinations, because he was staring in the same direction of the vanished figure...

►͠ ◊ ͠ ● ͠ ◄

Author's note:

It's been a while since I last logged in wattpad. Seeing my stories being saved and shared in your folders is heart warming, thanks a lot, darlings! ಥ_ಥ

See you!