CHAPTER V: AN ANOTHER PERPECTIVE

A few days earlier, Jamie gets up and his routine before school is seen.

JAMIE - narration

We don't appreciate some moments (we see him seeing Sophie in the corridor, but in a moment she's gone), but we can appreciate them when it's too late (one time he sees Sophie with Carl). Then it turns out that there is no point in explaining it anymore, because someone has forgotten about you. And then it's hard to go through life knowing that this person has changed you completely - for the better. And without her, you don't know what to do with yourself.

(you can see what it describes)

Some time ago I was a boor who didn't study, didn't pass to the next grades and made fun of his friends in front of the whole school. He is addicted to cigarettes and other stimulants, because they have always been in the family home. He is in a relationship out of habit and for his own pleasures. He doesn't care about feelings or manners. He always liked sports, but an old injury prevented him from returning to it. And then she appeared... (you can see Sophie with Tini, they approached a group and say hello, then she looks at him, Jamie is watching her all the time, closes the cupboard door, then his friend surprises him)

TONY

What? First graders? They're good, but they're not our party

JAMIE

I don't know what you mean, I'm with Julie

TONY

I always write notes there, it always works for them!

Jamie walks away, rolling his eyes.

JAMIE - narration (you can see what he describes)

However, over time, my friend's idea comes to fruition. They started dating, he is interested in her, they can talk about everything. He opens up about his problems. Besides, they have a great time together, and then... His girlfriend breaks up with him, he is devastated because their family homes are next to each other and they have been friends all their lives. Apparently he changed because he started studying, returned to his old passions, and started taking care of himself. Wounds heal over time, especially when there is someone next to us who can support us and push us forward, not backward. Their relationship is changing, but he can't talk about his feelings, he secretly starts going to therapy, learning how to do it... And then... some stages of his previous life want to get back on track (Julie wants to go back to Jamie).

He becomes interested in studies, moves out of the house and into an apartment, and after school he works for the Myers family.

As Jamie leaves the house, he passes a clip from the last newspaper and his team's achievements - he smiles. gets into the car (blue), goes to pick up Julie, passes the former house with disgust in his eyes. Julie gets in. They drive away with a screech.

JULIE

Hey, handsome (want to give him a kiss, he pulls away)

JAMIE

It was said that there are no such people here

JULIE

Grandma told me to give it to you (she leaves him a sweet cake)

JAMIE

Thank you, your grandma is very nice

JULIE

What are you doing after school?

JAMIE

I have training, it's strange that you don't have...