CHAPTER - 3

I hold tight to the chair near me and I swallow the disgusting  feeling . As I come back to my senses,  I concentrate on Maya . I might not know how to console  her , but i know exactly  how it feels to be heartbroken. I convince her to rest , eventhough i know it would be hard to sleep . Sometimes , at the situations like this , i try my best to sleep beacuse it 's literally shutting down my system. I sit beside her until she cries her eyes out , finally she sleeps  and I go to my room .

Now its my turn to find ways to sleep , I look at the sleeping pills in the drawer , but decide to make it without them . I toss and turn , hardly even closing my eyes .

" Fuck it !" I pop a pill and close my eyes .

I wake up at 8: 30 in the morning and open my door to check on Maya , and suddenly got  confronted  by a figure .

" holyyy shittt ! Maya ! you scared the hell out of me ! " I exclaimed.

" sorry , didn't  mean it . I was just hungry and came to see if you would make me breakfast " she said . Her darkcircles tell that she had no sleep , I feel pity for her .

"Yeahh sure , but don' t forget to brush your teeth coz you stink! "  I say .

" Fine , I'll brush". She rolls her eyes and goes to bathroom . Looking her like this is really painful , not just because  I feel sorry for her , but  the fact that she remainds me of my previous self . She took a shower , ate and goes to bed again . When I confirmed that she slept , I left the house for some fresh air since it's a leave day .

I went to the nearest library . Its a small place and there are only limited books beacuse  the amount of people visiting has decreased . So it' s a perfect spot for me .

" hey Shasha! Long time no see ." Its the old  librarian Sampath . He' s pretty alone here and knows me well . He tries  his best to make a conversation , which  I would always avoid.

" hey! I had exams so was kinda busy " I smiled awkwardly . There's also a student from my college working here part-time . I usually visit the library during her working hours , beacuse I wouldn' t be left alone with him . I look around for her .

"You 're looking for the girl? She would be here by now " he says as if hearing my thoughts .
And when   the conversations finally  ends , I pick a book and my favorite  spot near the window . The girl enters the library and waves towards me . I feel releived. Maybe I should ask her name. Maybe later .As I read a few pages , I find that it has started raining outside . Wow! How can my day get any better . I cherish reading . It's almost half a day and  when I' m done.

As I step out of the library , I bump into  a wall in the doorstep.  Wait , when did they construct a wall here . Oh. My . God. Is it what i think it is ? I raise my head and confirm that it is exactly  what I thought it was , or who i thought it was .

" Are you always this clumsy ??" He raises an eyebrow.  Ashwin's voice is so deep that it gives me chills. Holyyyyy shittttt.