✷ 003: Mimosas.

HYGTG ! by KissLeclerc
May 18, 2024 # "You Are The Sun."

              SATURDAY FINALLY CAME, meaning Solana and Thalia met up at a charming café tucked away in a quaint corner of Monte Carlo. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the chatter of other customers filled the air as they were settling into a cozy booth, bathed in warm sunlight streaming through the window beside them.

"It's good to see you my sweet lady." Thalia greeted with a radiant smile, reaching across the table to squeeze Solana's hand affectionately.

Solana returned the expression, feeling grateful for Thalia's presence. "I love how often you hit on me." She replied, her voice soft. A little laugh following after.

"I mean, can you blame me..." Thalia joked around as she picked up a menu and began scanning the content, Sol soon joining along.

Sitting across from her good friend as they exchanged minimal banter and little shared laughs, Solana couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort wash over her. Amidst the chaos of her conflicting emotions that have haunted her head and mind within the last couple of days, Thalia's unwavering support was like a beacon of light in the storm.

"So, talk to me." The model set her menu down, already certain on what she wanted to order. "How are you feeling now? After getting the invite and all that?"

Solana let out a soft sigh, straightening her back before bringing her hands together. "Honestly, I'm still processing it all." She admitted. "Part of me is happy for Charles, like beyond happy for him."

"But another part... well, you know..."

"Mhm, spill." Thalia raised a brow

"My lingering feelings that haven't ever seemed to wither away... like ever." Sol replied in a low whisper as if she was going to get killed for admitting it out loud.

"Stop acting like Madeline has a sniper waiting for you." Her friend nearly laughed. "It's okay to say you have feelings for Charles."

"Thalia, he's taken! He's going to get married." Solana said with guilt. "You already know how bad this makes me feel."

Thalia nodded sympathetically, her gaze filled with understanding. "Girl, it's okay to feel conflicted," She reassured her friend. "But you really shouldn't beat yourself up over it."

"And remember, you're not alone. I'm here for you, always." She paused. "Talk to me about anything, and just know I'll always be on your side."

A sense of gratitude washed over Sol as she met Thalia's stare, her eyes shimmering with unspoken emotion. "Thank you." She whispered, her voice barely above a murmur.

"But don't think I'll sweet talk Madeline ever."

"Oh come on." Her expression fell. "Solana." Thalia leaned forward, resting her arms on the table.

"She used you... to get to Charles."

"Like seven years ago!" Sol argued. "I also helped him ask her out! He did fall in love with her in the end, did he not?"

"Oh my goodness." The model groaned.

"It's more of an issue on my part, I don't get why it bothers you so much..." An eyebrow raised, questioning why her friend disliked the girl so much.

Well, she was aware, because Sol knew deep down inside how terrible Madeline can be and is.

"It just fuels my hatred more." Thalia replied. "She used you, Sol. I know you forgave her but it's the way she still treats you like garbage. It's so unclassy." She paused.