0:011

Zarha Brown
Point Of View:

I asked Summer, rubbing my arms up and down, 'Do you think I should do it?'

When I received an unexpected call from a woman claiming to be her mother, I was taken aback. Summer suggested I ask some questions about why my birth parents had left me. Despite feeling overwhelmed, I knew that had so many unanswered questions about my past. However, I wasn't sure if I was emotionally prepared to confront them just yet.

"I don't know, summer. This could turn out bad," I said.

"Zahra, this time try to get closer to your biological mother," she said.

"Okay, I'm ready, but I want you to be there with me," I said.

"Sure, just let me know which day works for you," Summer says.

"Is everyone going to the club tonight? We should all come out and have some fun," Summer suggests.

"I'm see," I said.

Jermaine Cole
Point Of View:

"Your brother was around here?" asked Mikey.

I asked 'Which one?' because I know Kendrick doesn't like being outside.

"He looks so bad," Mikey says, shaking his head. I just nod. Why would I be happy after all he did to me?

"Cool," I said getting up from the chair and looking at my hair.

"How much" I asked.

Mikey said, 'I just gave him something extra,' as I walked out of the barbershop. I saw the old heads playing checkers and families having fun outside. It reminded me of my childhood, which I didn't get to live because jail took it all away. When you're in jail, you have to become a man.

Trey was selfish; he blamed me and took away my dreams. When I was younger, I wanted to be like him, he was my superhero after our father was taken away. However, his jealousy got in the way and he wasn't a good brother to me.

Comment and Vote
To be continued....