A Troubled Hood Chick (An Urban Fiction)

Prologue

"We've got one of our best dancers here tonight y'all!" Dj Daz screamed over the loud music. It was busy tonight and no matter how much I didn't want to work, I had too.

Heart nearly pounding out of my chest, I waited for Daz to finish introducing me to the full crowd. "Introducing, Cheeks!" The bright lights suddenly turned on.

My long acrylic nails gripped against the cold metal pole. New and old guest were surrounding the stage. Everyone's eyes were glued to me. I didn't have on anything but a skimpy g-string and pasties.

Nasty ass men were already whistling and I hadn't even starting dancing yet.

Scared? No, I've gotten used to all this. Showing my curvaceous body to a variety of people was nothing new. I realized that it was the same ole' shit and I learned to accept the way shit wat.

My hips swayed to the beat, side to side. I slowly climbed to the top of the pole, letting my hands fall free once I reached the top. I could hear money being thrown all across the stage, everybody loved that trick.

They played "Beat it up" so much and it was starting to get on my nerves. Mr. Sinner says it's "the money making song" and I hate to agree, but it is. It's something about the beat of the song and how smooth the chorus is.

I let my head fall back and felt my long burgundy colored hair fall down my back.

"Shake it baby!"

"Get it Taz!"

"You got a nice ass ma!"

After slowly forcing myself down into the splits, I slowly crawled toward all my customers. They all were reaching for my breast and trying to stick their hands in all the wrong places.

I felt hands roughly push money under my thong and along the floor. This wasn't what a seventeen year old was supposed to be doing. I should've been tending to the piled up homework in my bookbag, but instead..I was at Sinner's.

Once the song was done, I watched as more dollars continued to be thrown onto the stage. Money was the only thing that motivated me to actually come to work.

Just for the heck of it, I ripped the sparkly pasties off my nipples. Showing off my full perky breast. Dollar bills were now all over the stage. I got down on the floor, picking all the money up and walked off.

The dressing room was filled with girls trying to get themselves ready to perform. Most of them were mean mugging the hell out of me as they watched me walk through with my arms full of cash.

"She wasn't even doing nothing special." Candy K said to another stripper as she applied makeup to her face.

"Exactly, I bet she sleeps with Mr. Sinner because he gives her all that damn attention." Another one went on as she flipped her bright pink her. I don't know why these girls continuously hated on me. I'm only trying to get a quick buck and as soon as I get enough, I'm gone.

It's not like I bothered anyone anyways, I minded my business when it came to work. I wasn't stressing about anything but a check.

Sitting in front of the tall vanity mirror, I counted each and every dollar I had collected. Nine hundred and fifty six dollars in one night, I did pretty good. Taking off the high pink heels and my cheetah print thong, I slipped back on my black sweater and loose sweat pants.

"Now where the hell you been?" Mama snapped from the kitchen as soon as I opened the door. She held an empty bottle of Hennessy in her hand barely able to stand.

I sighed, closing the front door once I was in. "Working, you know that." I told her while placing my small backpack onto our torn up couch and sitting down.

Mama stuck her boney ass hand out waiting to collect the money I had just made. "Don't act brand new baby girl, you know the drill."

I wasn't sure what exactly my mother would do with the money but I prayed she'd pay the bills we had piling up.

Unzipping my bag, I pulled out the money I had just made and walked over to the dining room table to give it to her.

Mama snatched the wadded up bill out of my hand and stuffed them inside her pocket. "I'll be back whenever." Mama said walking out the door. She trailed the smell of smoke and piss along with her.

This was an everyday thing with her and it wasn't shit I could do about it. My mother lost her job at the dealership months ago and this bitch had completely lost it. I hated having to refer to her as a bitch but that's what she had become.

She developed a love for alcohol, started smoking those nasty ass cigarettes and depended on me to work along with take care of my sister.

I sn annoyance, walking inside my bedroom to check on my little sister, Trinity. "I'm really hungry, could you get us some McDonald's please?" She asked while her eyes filled with tears.

I sat beside my sister knowing she'd continue to nag me if I didn't get her something. I knew a couple of friends who worked at the McDonald's across the street so I could probably get something for free. "Come on." I said as we both got up from the bed.

Keeping a tight grip on Trinity, we both quickly walked towards McDonald's.

"Aye ain't that Cheeks? God lee' is she a fine bitch." Some nasty guy said to his two friends while puffing on a cigarette. They'd all been walking directly behind us and I was starting to get pissed.

"Yeah, that's her. I can tell by the way that fat ass is jiggling." Another one went on before smacking my ass. I turned around making sure I had a tight hold on Trinity.

"Now who told yo' bum ass to touch me?" I snapped grabbing the mace that was in my pocket.

One of them with half-done cornrows sucked his teeth, "Now bitch ain't nobody a bum, we was just complimenting yo' chicken head ass."

"Nigga if you don't watch who the fuck you talkin' too, I will easily mace yo' ass." I said unlocking the cap. "

"Bitch ain't nobody scared of dat' shit." Another one yelled while all of them continued to walk up on me.

"Y'all just leave her alone, damn." One of them with a black hood covering his face blunted. "Man whatever, I got yo' ass when we get back Trey." The three of them finally walked away arguing. I rolled my eyes, as Trinity and I both sped up our pace until we got to McDonald's.

Luckily, my friend Tinisha was working tonight so I was able to get both me and Trinity something to eat. It's crazy how I had made all that money tonight just to hand it over to my mother.

My life honestly couldn't get any worst than this.