Prophecy

Though much of the language had not even been translated yet, the scholars who found it and the many institutions that subsequently studied it agreed in ancient tongue it read:

"The twins will give life to the twins..."

Immediately, the connection to the empath children was made. And in error, they caused great suffering to the children born with these gifts. The 3 apocalypses had such an impact on the surviving nations. On all of humanity. 3 centuries of horrors and tragedy. Of a race marching to their own extinction.

She knew what would come next. Her ladies in waiting, who had smuggled the stone to her, had drunk poison. They would be veiled in their beds dead. Corpse brides. Her husband, King, would send his Rooks to have her killed.

The Queens crown suddenly felt very heavy. The Bishops incessant shuffling around packing her things suddenly became deafening. She would have to walk through the Princes Ball to freedom. If anyone knew where she was going or what was in her possession, she would be killed.

She gazed at herself in the mirror. A relic so old it seemed it could not be destroyed. The two eyes on the frame pulsing with their warm glow. The very image of a woman in her prime. Floor length backless dress. Jewels from the Queens royal collection. Flawless. But the mirror showed her true form too. Her body showed the struggles of Kingdom. Slightly gaunt. Pale hair ever so dull. Lines at the corners of her eyes and mouth. Pulling a small dagger from her elaborate hair piece, she cut one of the eyes from the mirror. Fixing the dagger back into place, the Bishop took the eye and gestured for the door. It was time.