Chapter 11

A/N: I forgot Norah and Ominis kind of matched outfits. That will be something to talk about over time, hehe. But partying ahead! There are several Gryffindor party audios on Youtube that you can listen to (Youtube user Christine has the most immersive ones, with actual speaking audio).

Their linked arms didn't stay linked for long as they made their way to Gryffindor tower, just past the faculty tower. It seemed like most of the sixth years had partnered up for the party following Professor Ronen's assignment. Making new friends, possibly a date to the Yule Ball that was still a few months away. Norah and Ominis looked around for a sign of Sebastian, who was already waiting for them near the Fat Lady portrait.

Clad in jeans and a black tee under a green bomber jacket, Sebastian also fixed his hair similar to Ominis, with one lock falling just a little over his forehead. The three of them seemed to have coordinating outfits. Then again, it seemed like many students dressed in shades of their house colors. Unlike Ominis, Sebastian seemed to be aware that he was seen as one of, if not the most handsome Slytherins in the school.

"Looking good, looking good," Sebastian gave them a thumbs up as they approached him. "Natty told me the password in advance. I saw Amit and Samantha already enter with them."

"You look handsome yourself," Norah smiled. "I would've thought Cressida was going to meet you here."

The freckled brunette rolled his eyes at her teasing, while Ominis chuckled. "Very funny, you-" He stopped himself. You beautiful creature, you amazing human, maybe love of my life, he thought. Sebastian cleared his throat. "Well then, shall we revel in the festivities?" He grinned.

The trio approached the painting, with Sebastian already saying the password. Loud music greeted them as they crawled inside the portrait hole. Everyone around them was already enjoying themselves, as if a live band was performing all throughout the common room. There were barrels of butterbeer flowing in cups being passed around to everyone while sweets and pastries from Honeydukes were on the table, along with other savory fare taken from the kitchens.

Norah looked around, spotting Nellie crawling on top of the fireplace mantel, much to the cheers of some of the partygoers. To her surprise, several other Gryffindors were holding drinking games in one corner, as someone smuggled in some firewhisky. "It sounds like everyone's having so much fun!" Ominis tried to tell her.

"Yeah! We should have fun too!" She looked at her two friends, who were beginning to nod along to the music that was playing.

I've seen you darling, seen you hanging round town
You in a short skirt, shining eyes of deep brown
You had a dirty look, you caught me on your hook
Turn up the thermostat, I want to see you sweat
Oh yeah, girl you got, somethin' I like

Norah spotted Garreth, who was already introducing his new brew, fizzing whizz-beers, which seemed to be a success. At least it seemed like a success from seeing how many people have been drinking it. "Let's go get some of Garreth's new brew!" She told them.

"Is that even safe?" Sebastian grinned, waving at Garreth, who was also waving them to come over. "He hasn't created a mess yet, hasn't he?"

"Are we drinking?" Ominis suddenly asked.

"Yeah, come on, Ominis, it's only for tonight," Norah tried to convince him. "Everyone seems to like it"

With some reluctance, Ominis let himself be led by Norah and Sebastian over to Garreth, who immediately conjured some cups to fill with his new drink. "Just got here?" He asked.

"Yeah, a few minutes ago, actually!" Norah said near his ear, while he passed the drinks to them. "You seem to have succeeded in your new brew, huh?"

Garreth looked proud. "Yeah! Drink as much as you like, there's going to be plenty more in the months to come~" He declared.