Sorrow Ruins

There was a beloved story that grew auras of romance and ecstasy. 

However over time the story began to dishevel and like a manor that has been abandoned after many generations.  The story slowly became a ruin like the statue of Ozymandias. 

The story of the Vampire and Mermaid. 

Once there was a very powerful mermaid called Sellicia. She was practically invisible in the deep sea. Her facial features were the exact depiction of her soul. Round. kind. Her eye held a look of desperate sorrow that no one could cheer. 

Except...

Quarin the conniving beastly vampire. Her eyes were a dark blue almost as if they were made from lapis lazuli. 

Under a dark cloudless sky Quarin meandered down by the dark wooden docks, her satin dress flowing behind her elegantly. The moon and her daughters making the satin shimmer like crystals. She would glare into the water focussing on the slightest change in the wave pattern as the waves came to the shore calmly. 

Her mischievous eyes caught the one of her secret lover....Sellicia. Her cold snake like eyes began to soften and show adoration. She brough her wrist to her soft, plump lips. Biting down with her dagger like teeth allowing her cranberry red blood to seep down her fingers and talon nails before crouching down and dipping her cold hand into the deep blue for her enchanting love.

She felt her love nip at her fingers with desperation as sellicia tasted her gorgeous blood allowing the warmth flow inside her thick skinned body to the tip of her razor tail. Feeling the power, anger as well as love. Quarin tasted like a well aged red wine to sellicia. They were deeply in love and have been for decades however, in secrecy for it was forbidden. 

"Oh how I wish I could see you in daylight my love, you would look much more vibrant under the blistering sun." Quarin whispered while stroking Sellicias cheek. How evil it is to be wildly in love with a beast that you can never see truly. 

"And I dream of the day that we are free from this hell and secrecy" Sellicia spoke sounding wounded by the laws of this land. Quarin could only nod as she heard the sounds of birds singing and the stars beginning to fade away. Day was coming far too quick. She glared at the moon hoping she would stay for a while longer and skittishly walked away from her gorgeous ocean heart. 

Once she rounded the corner to her palace she was struck with fear. The council. The man that owned the land was suspicious of Quarins late night walks always to the same place and followed her. Once he realised. He called a meeting and grabbed the hell-hounds. 

All Quarin could do is run into the bright sun that blistered her albino skin as tears flew from her eyes. 

As soon as she got to the docks she screamed in pain. The hell-hounds now at her hands ripping her talons. She forced herself to keep staring at the water her voice has disappeared and grown hoarse. As she fell to the ground her dress now ripped into shreds, her eyes now blurry and only showing sorrow and pain she whispered into the deep. "I will always love you and be in your heart my sweet love. I will look down on you." and with that her body turned into a red and black ash that was swept away into the waves. Never to be seen again.

Sellicia mourned her love far away from any civilisation. She would still swim up to feel the wave on her skin and stare at the stars. 

She saw a new star out tonight brighter than most. 'I will look down on you'.