PART 6 - COFFEE AND BLOOD

Home, 8 PM AFTER EMERGENCY SIGNAL FROM SID:

Zhao called SID immediately. Zhu answered.

"Chief, There's good news and bad news."

"Give me the good news first."

"We found the connection between the murders. The bad news is that your dad is one of the targets and he is missing."

"WHAT?!! Tell me when he went missing!" He didn't react to the murder connection, too worried about Zhao Xin ci's current situation.

"He left work early yesterday and didn't come in today. He would call in if he were going to miss work. He doesn't answer his phone."

Shen Wei declared, "I'll take care of the kids (meaning the puppies' feeding too). I can take them to the vet tomorrow, and Mrs.Wang is coming tomorrow morning, unless you want me with you now. I can call her to come over."

"Let's see what I can do, then if I need to I will call you for help."

Wei made a portal to SID, and Zhao Yunlan said, "Wait a minute." He grabbed his leather jacket and went to the bedroom. He got the holster and gun that he had taken off and shoved it into his jacket before zipping it.

"We can take Da's car if we need to," he commented, stepping into the portal after giving Wei a quick kiss that threatened to become a long passionate one for a minute.

Wei felt Yunlan's anxiety and let go of his urge to kiss him longer. 

Yunlan ran to the lab

Yunlan ran to the lab. "What have you got? Why is Dad a target for the serial killer?"

Lin Jing said, "We found that all the victims' parents were in college together. Their parents were classmates when part of the school collapsed, due to shoddy construction. Your father was a teacher there at that time. He led students out and went back to dig where he knew students were, but the authorities made him leave because the building was unstable.

"There were 3 students who died, trapped under desks, that would have survived if rescued in time. The authorities wouldn't let your father go in to show where they were. It seems one of the victim's relatives is seeking revenge on everyone who survived by killing their adult children.

"We believe your father is a target because he couldn't save all the students."