Senior Skip Day

A few weeks later

As the year began to drag on, the seniors began to get burnt out. Many seniors started to regularly skip class and not finish any of their assignments. Mackenzie in particular was heavily affected by this phenomenon known as senioritis. Luckily for him, the senior class had organized a day known as 'senior skip day'. The concept was simple. All of the seniors came together and decided on a day where they would all skip school. This was a great time to hang out and recharge before the grind of the conclusion of school.

Mackenzie: "Hey Bluey, what are you doing tomorrow for senior skip day?"

Bluey: "I dunno yet. What about you?"

Mackenzie: "Me and the guys are going out to eat and probably do something after."

Bluey: "Well, have fun"

Mackenzie: "Thanks, it'll be our little Ferris Bueller"

Bluey: "What does that mean?"

Mackenzie: "Have you never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off?"

Bluey: "Nope, never heard of it"

Mackenzie: "You should come by tonight and watch it"

Bluey: "Sorry I can't tonight, but we should definitely watch it some other time"

Mackenzie: "Oh alright, see ya"

As the two go their separate ways, Mackenzie can't help but think: How can someone have never seen Ferris Bueller?

The next day

Mackenzie pulls into the lot outside of the Mexican restaurant where the boys have agreed to meet. It's a hole in the wall, with an unassuming exterior. Arriving early, Mackenzie waits in his car until the others arrive.

Mackenzie: "Hey guys, happy senior skip day"

Jack: "Happy senior skip day to you as well, Mackenzie"

Lucky: "I'm starving, let's go eat"

The boys walk into the relatively small restaurant. The walls are all different brightly shaded colors. A couple of televisions line the wall, one playing the news and the other an old Spanish drama. The group finds a table and waits to be served.

Rusty: "Everything on the menu looks very good"

Lucky: "I already know what I'm going to get"

Mackenzie: "Chicken tenders off the kids menu?"

Lucky: "Who goes to a Mexican restaurant and orders chicken tenders?"

Jean-Luc: "If anyone was to, it would be you"

Mackenzie: "What Jean-Luc said"

Lucky: "Whatever. Anyways, I'm getting the Santa Clara"

Rusty: "What's that?"

Lucky: "Two burritos, one chicken and one beef, and a chicken enchilada"

Rusty: "You're such a big back, Lucky"

Lucky: "Nah, I'm just hungry"

Despite being 11:30 am on a random Wednesday, the restaurant is very busy and the boys have about ten minutes to glance over the menu. Finally, a woman with a heavy accent begins to take their orders.

*The waiter goes around the table asking what the boys want

Jean-Luc: "Carne Asada Fries"

Rusty: "Steak quesadilla"

Jack: "Pork tacos"

Mackenzie: "Shredded chicken nachos"

Lucky: "The Santa Clara"