Chapter 15

"What about your words magnus??you agreed for everything.. You said you're gonna help us to stop all this underground business.. Alec is the only key " Luke said  back.. 

Magnus : yes I did.. But it's all before I get to know him.. Luke (he swallowed before continuing) he might be a mafia boss, he is doing some illegal things but he is not a bad person .. He has his rules and ethics. In my opinion he is far better than all of us… I Can't betray a person like him… (he argued back) 

Luke : That's the point magnus.. Alec doesn't deserve to be stuck in this kinda lifestyle.. He has been stuck in this darkness since the early age of his life.. That's why I want him to come out clean.. He doesn't want this mafia world magnus.. He is talented and he deserves a peaceful and calming Life…why do you think I am targeting Alec, leaving everyone else ?? 

Magnus : I know your reasons are genuine that's why I agree to do that and you also said you will help me with madzie's treatment, I am in need..so i agree with all your terms and conditions.. But I can't do this anymore (he said averting his eyes from luke) 

Luke : God magnus!! What happened now?? You just gave me 2 pieces of information so far and that's it?? (he questioned him in disbelief) 

Magnus : I can't luke.. I am sorry.. (he shook his head) 

Luke: Why??? (he asked bit louder) 

Magnus : because he kissed me…(his eyes went glassy and filled with tears. Luke looked at him with a sigh but Luke wasn't surprised at all ) he kissed me (he mumbled again) and that's not the worst part.. I couldn't resist him either. I returned that kiss … (he said to look at the floor out of guilt ) Luke, I can't play with people's emotions… Alec doesn't deserve such betrayal… he is… (he couldn't finish luke interrupted him) 

Luke : Magnus you aren't betraying him or doing anything wrong.. You are helping him to come out clean.. Alec is the main head of the whole mafia world if we keep him in control and pull him out from that darkness.. This whole mafia's gonna get shaken and that's enough for me to pull every string out from that mafia chain… Alec is not harmful.. But his presence and support could make small suppliers and big dealers more powerful and they are challenging us.. 

Magnus : it's your headache not mine.. if you want to do something good for him.. Just go and talk to him..he is not gonna eat you and  I am not doing anything anymore… Please don't drag me in this again.. (he said and about to leave) 

Luke : Did you fall for him magnus?? (magnus stared at him in return ) because you said you couldn't resist him when he kissed you… Are you in love with that criminal??? (he asked just to trigger Magnus's anger ) 

Magnus: he might be a criminal but not a cunning person like you.. Who wanted to play with people's emotions.. (he stammered back)if you want to get him under your control fight with him one on one.. Don't hurt his feelings for that(he was not rude with his reply and he mean it) 

Luke laughed "I know he is Into you since the day 1 magnus…. Then why do you think I ran after you and  begged you to do this for me… I was there in the Ragnar club the other night.. I notice the way Alec looks at you. I never saw the great mafia boss Alec Lightwood that much soft and calm. He smiles all the time you are around him and that smile reaches his eyes and heart I bet … I decided that night, only you can pull him out from that darkness.. "he said, shaking his head.." don't make me regret!! "he added.. 

Magnus : So you knew this would happen?? (luke didn't utter a word he just breathed out with a smile) your intentions were right luke but the way you chose was ugly.. I am sorry I made myself cold hearted while spying on him and  passing the information about Route 8 and the child trafficking thing..but I am not doing that again.. I wanted to change Alec's life too but this is not the right way to do this .. It's over between you and me, Alec and me as well… (he said it clearly)