The Best Worst Year

Middle school is supposed to be the year for teens. You are to find the people—the ones who get you or get good grades—that can prove your academic worth. However, for Izuku Midoriya, this was the worst year of his life. His childhood friend Katsuki Bakugo, his childhood best friend, was his worst enemy, the one praying for his downfall.

Izuku POV

'Third year, what do I want to do with my life? Do I want to be a hero? Can I even become a hero? I'm quirkless; what can I even do?' In front of the class, the stupid teacher spoke, "Oh, if I remember correctly, you want to go to U.A. High, right, Bakugou?" Bakugo, the ignorant bastard, replied, "Yeah, there's no doubt I'm gonna pass the test; I mean, have you seen me?" "Oh yeah, Midoriya you also wanted to go to U.A., right?" He knew exactly what he was doing; his smile says it all. "Actually, sir, I'm not sure what I want to do now." Everyone started laughing; they were laughing at me. Even as a quirkless loser, I am better than all of them; they have stupid quirks that have no value to their being, and not only that, but their personalities aren't any better. "Deku!! You won't even make it past the gate. What do you think you're going to do, HA? You are quirkless; below everyone." Bakugo's voice is like a screeching bat, absolutely annoying. "Kacchan I said I'm not sure yet." "I can be sure for you; DON'T. YOU. DARE. APPLY." "Even if I don't want to, can you have a little faith in me?" "Ha, don't make me laugh; everyone gave up on you. Hell, your dad gave up on you. What more do you want? Take the hint" 'I'm not stupid; I know no one cares for me, but did he have to say that in front of everyone?' The class continued.

3rd Person POV

At the end of class Midoriya begins to place his notebook in his bag when suddenly Bakugo takes it. "'Hero Analysis for the Future' Hahaha, this is so sad." "Please give it back." "Let me think; I don't want to; why do you even have this?" Bakugo starts his quirk and blows the notebook up; he then throws it out the window. "Why, Kacchan, I haven't done anything to you." Bakugo placed a hot hand on Midoriya's shoulder and asked, "What did you do to me? The fact that you wish to go to the same school as me is an insult. You know, I feel like being nice right now. I'll give you some great advice. If you want to be a hero that badly, how about you pray for a quirk in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof of the building?" Laughing, Bakugo left.

Midoriya felt like crying; he felt defeated. He didn't have anyone who believed he could make it. His mom, even though she tried to hide it, didn't think he could do it. He went to pick up his notebook, and even though it was wet and burned, it held his dreams. On his walk home, Midoriya was thinking about anything and nothing when he was suddenly attacked.

Izuku POV

'I can't breathe; I want to live!!' The thing suffocating him was green and slimy; it was straight out of a nightmare. I tried to breathe; it said, "Calm down; it's going to be quick, I promise." How can it promise anything? I felt like I was going to die. I wanted to get out. I tried to tear at its body; I needed to get some air, even if it was for a second. I need to try." Haha, you are so cute trying to get out. You are a life savior." I am dying; no doubt I haven't thanked Mom for putting up with me! It was getting dark, and I was truly dying. That's when I hear something like, "I AM HERE!" I then saw nothing.

I woke up to someone slapping my cheek. As my eyes adjusted, I saw who it was: "ALL MIGHT." "Hey kid, are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm good." "Great!!" "All Might, can I ask you something?" "Yeah, I already signed your book; you're welcome." "No, that's not it. Can someone without a quirk be like you?" "What type of question is that? No, they can't. Kid, think about it. Heroes are mighty and strong; they are the embodiment of power. Some quirkless idiot can't think of reaching their level; best to give up."