Chapter#3

Haleys pov

Im asleep until I hear knock my door and I get up and answer it.

Mallory says"Langdon wants to talk to you.

Haley says"ok.

I shut the door and change and she takes me to where Langdon is and leaves.

Langdon says"you see I have a talent call it a kind of night vision of the soul. I can see into the dark places that people desperately try to keep hidden.

Haley says"I don't have any dark places.

Langdon says"really? So even though coco is your sister, why do I believe that you'd love nothing more than to pick up anything sharp enough to cut clay and slice her throat to the bone? I'd say that qualifies, Haley. Wouldn't you?

Haley says"look my sister can be a bitch and can do some terrible things sometimes that doesn't mean I want to kill her. She's spoiled, and she's entitled, but...shes my sister and I love her.

Langdon says"the old world lived under a set of rules. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shall love thy neighbor, etcetera, etcetera. Rules that were clearly honored In the breach. I want a world without the hypocrisy, with the kinds of people who wouldn't just eat from the fruit of the forbidden tree, but who'd cut the fucking tree down and burn it for firewood.

Langdon bends down in front of me.

Langdon says"I think your made for that world, Haley.

He places one hand on my leg and brings the other up to my face and I get nervous.

Haley says"I want to leave.

Langdon says"your Afraid. Aren't you? Of accepting who you are?

Haley says"I don't know who I am.

Langdon says"what do you mean?

A tear falls down my face.

Haley says"sometimes...I feel like there's someone buried inside me. Someone trying to claw there way out.

Langdon says"who?

Haley says" I don't know. I just want to go.

I get up and go to leave and he grabs my wrist.

Haley says"let me go.

Langdon says"don't be afraid, Haley. I'm offering you chance to live.

Haley says"I said let me go!

I send him flying into the wall.

Haley says"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to.

I run out and go to my room and try to calm myself down. I hear a knock at the door.

Haley says"come in.

Coco says"come on Mrs.venable called a meeting.

Haley says"ok.

Mrs.venable says"these past several months have been difficult for all of us. And perhaps, in my efforts to keep us safe, punitive measures have been taken too far. I believe know what we need is a moment of celebration, camaraderie. Which is why this weekend, as a gesture of goodwill, we will have a Halloween soirée...in the style of a Victorian masquerade ball.

Gallant says"it's Halloween this weekend?

Mrs.venable says" we've all lost track of time a bit. And this festive occasion is the perfect opportunity to remedy this. And I encourage you all to use your imagination, to create what I am sure will be exquisite costumes. Attendance is mandatory.