Hopes Deferred

(Guys...I have been obsessed with this song for forever now, have u heard this song earlier ??? And if u haven't then did u like it?)

Haseena stepped out of the airport, her heart pounding with anticipation. It had been two long years since she had last seen Karishma, the love of her life. She was hopeful that maybe Karishma would come to receive her at the airport and she would finally get to see Karishma..

But as she made her way through the crowded airport, her eyes scanned the faces around her, searching desperately for Karishma. Disappointment weighed heavy in her chest when instead of seeing her love, she was greeted by a tall, vibrant woman with a warm smile.

"Are you Haseena?" the woman asked, extending her hand. "I'm Officer Shivani Pawar, Open Source Intelligence and Morse Code Specialist, IB"

Haseena felt a surge of disappointment washed over her. She looked up at the sky with disappointment

HM( In Mind): Of course, how could ever work in my favour Universe...and ofcourse I over thinked about everything...Kyu..why do u always give me this hope and then crush it badly..ya toh do hi mat..lekin nahi..it seems like you are enjoying this 😬😬"

Shivani was confusingly looking at the lady before her as she seemed to be too busy with her own thoughts..

HM's trance was broken as Shivani snapped her fingers in front of HM's face...

SP: Hey Miss. Mallik...kaha kho gayi aap

HM( trying to compose herself): Uh.haann...Ummm...yeah...Its Me.....SHO Haseena Mallik, UP Police... Investigating Officer for this case..it's a Pleasure meeting you Officer...

SP( chuckels): Lagta hai kisi khayaal mei bohot masroof thi aap, humne disturb kar diya...

HM( struggling with words): Nahi wo Darsal...

SP: It's okay, hota hai kabhi kabhi...

HM smiles at her as Shivani helps Haseena with placing the luggage in the car..

HM: Thanku Officer....Pawar...

SP: Arey.. ye mission lamba chalne wala hai, islie don't be so formal Miss.Mallik..Its Shivani for you...

HM( scratches her eyebrows): Okay...then I think it wouldn't be better if you also call me Haseena..waise bhi ye mission lamba chalne wala hai..

Shivani chuckels at Haseena's failed attempt to make a joke as she moves her head in disappointment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they drove through the bustling city, Shivani filled Haseena in on the details of their assignment. Haseena listened attentively, her mind still preoccupied with thoughts of Karishma.

Shivani noticed Haseena's distant expression and decided to change the subject.

SP: So tell me, what made you join the police force..??

HM( passed a little smile): Humare Abbu, Shaheed Head Constable Amaan Mallik, wo humari inspiration hain, bachapn se unka wardi ki taraf pyaar aur izzat dekh ke bade hue hain, aur wahi hain jinhone hume police force join karne ke liye inspire kia, magar afsos iss se pehle wo hume wardi mein dekh paate, ek mission ke chalte wo Shaheed ho gaye....."

SP(with a bit of seriousness): Oh...I am really sorry for your loss..

HM: Arey nahi it's fine...hume garv hai ki humare Abbu ne desh ke liye itna bada balidaan diya, aur sach kahe toh jab jab hum wardi ko dekhte hain na toh hume Aisa mehsoos hota hai ki Abbu shayad humare aas paas hi hain..