Whispers Of Hope

Next Morning....

Haseena woke up a bit too early with a sense of anticipation and nervousness that she hadn't felt in two long years..
Today was the day, she finally had the hope to meet Karishma again..

As she got ready, the memories flooded back - the pain, the heartache, the sleepless nights spent wondering what she could have done differently to prevent the one she loved from leaving. Haseena took a deep breath, steadying herself as she made her way towards the hall, where Ammi was having her Morning tea while reading the newspaper..

As Ammi heard HM's footsteps making their way towards the hall, she peeked out of her newspaper and was totally confused to see HM neatly dressed in casuals, she then confusingly looked towards the wall clock which showed 6 A.M.
And then she again looked towards HM...

HM( kissing on her mothers head affectionately): Good Morning Ammi..

NM( still confused): Good Morning Hasu, ye itni subah subah taiyaar hokar kaha ja rahi ho?? Aaj toh tumhari chutti thi na aur tumhe packing bhi toh karni thi...

HM( smiled at her mother): Ammi..chill..humne kal raat hi saari packing kar li hai aur hum Dewa Sharif ja rahe hain chadar chadaane, dopeher tak wapas aa jayenge..

NM: Itni subah dargah..koi khaas wajah..

HM looked at her mother and smiled with brim eyes as she gulped down the lump forming in her throat...

NM looked at her daughter with a knowing smile as she came near her and  gently cupped HM's face and kissed her forehead," Allah apki har jayaz khwahish ko poora kare"

HM chuckels at her mother's love and engulfed her mother into a hug and placed another kiss on her mother's head..

HM( breaking the hug): Hum aate hain..

NM: Ji zaroor, Aram se jaiyega..

HM( joining her hands): Ji Noorjahan Begum, jaisa aap kahe..

NM: Begairat insaan, apni Ammi ko naam se bulati hai..

Before NM could say anything further, HM quickly ran from there and NM face palmed herself but before she could understand anything HM quickly came back again and pecked on her mother's cheek, bidding bye to her mother..

NM( mumbling): Ya Allah, ye ladki din ba din bacchi banti ja rahi hai...
.
.
.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Play this song in the background for a better reading experience)

After 2 hours of ride, Haseena finally reached her destination and as soon as Haseena entered the dargah premises,
The scent of incense and the sound of murmured prayers enveloped her as she knelt before the shrine, her heart heavy with a mix of hope and fear. Haseena closed her eyes, her mind drifting back to the moment when Karishma had walked away, leaving her with nothing but unanswered questions and a void that seemed impossible to fill...

Her eyes started to tear up as she started with her dua and unknowingly the tears made their way out of her eyes to her cheeks, depicting the pain of separation from Karishma, the loneliness and void that Karishma's absence has created in her heart and soul..

Main yahaan, main wahaan
Chaahe jaaun jahaan
Poochhta hai yeh dil
Tu kahaan, tu kahaan