The Next Day

Song - A Little Bit Longer (2008)

I woke up around 9:30 AM. Everyone in the house was awake. I smell pancakes. Paul always makes really good pancakes. And they are soft! I am came downstairs and I saw Frankie playing with the Batman action figure I had gotten him last year. I am glad that he's still playing with it. 

"Good morning sweetie!" My mom said to me as she poured herself a cup of coffee. 

"Good morning mom!" I said to her rubbing my eyes. I hope she doesn't talk to me about last night. I really don't need to hear from another grown up about how stupid I am. 

Joe was just sitting on the couch watching TV. Nick and Kevin were making eggs. Alexander was pouring himself some Orange juice. I sat down on the other couch in the living room. 

After a few minutes I hear a knock on the door. 

"I'll get it!" I yelled at I went to open the door. 

I opened the door and it was the guy from last night. Man now that I am sober I still understand why I was with him last night.

"Hey!" The guy said with a smile on his face. 

"Hey!" I said smiling. 

"My name is Ethan by the way." He said as he started to smile like an idiot. 

"Aliyah." I said as we shook hands. 

"Look, I know we were both really really drunk last night. But I was wondering if you would still want to go out with me?" He asked starting to get nervous. 

"Yeah, I would love to-" Joe came up to the door. 

"She is not interested in you actually, goodbye." He shut the door. Man I am so pissed off at Joe. 

"What the hell.." I said to him in a serious tone. 

'He's not a good guy.." Joe said crossing his arms. 

"Okay, but you could of let me figure that out by myself." I said starting to get pissed off. 

"Okay, but also your 16 and he's 20." Joe said in a jealous tone. 

"Oh... Shit..." I said starting to regret getting pissed off at him. 

"Yeah... So maybe before you get all pissy at me maybe hear my side of the story first before you get all pissy at me." Joe walks away. He was pissed off. I walked in an everyone was eating I grab myself a plate and sit next to Denise. She was looking through the mail. 

"Ooo! Aliyah!" She said getting all excited. 

"What?" I said with a pissy attitude. 

"The summer ball! Aliyah! You can finally do it!" She gets all excited. 

"Oh..." I said. 

"You get to go through some classes. And you get to find a date to take you! It's going to be amazing! Do you want to do it?" Denise asked with a huge smile on her face. 

"Sure!" I just couldn't say no... 

"Who would you like to take you?" My mom said as she took a sip of her coffee.