This is a dialogue of Romeo and Juliet that was inspired by a movie.

About the author

You all may know me as Yeong Min Ah. That's not my real name. I want to keep my real name hidden. But you all can call me minah. I'm 16 years old, and this is going to be my debut story. Romeo & Juliet is a very inspirational story. I chose it because at school we do the play. And because our play must be short, we cannot make a long dialogue. I have written the dialogue for the school play way before we even started writing it at school. As my teacher saw how much I wrote, she said that she's not going to take everything inside. I was mad. But I decided to let my work known by debuting as an author.

My favorite place is Oslo, Norway. Even though I never went there, I like it very much there. A singer from Norway inspired me to debut as an author. He inspired me also to start playing violin again, because I haven't touched mine in 2 years. I'm writing a story version and a dialogue version of Romeo & Juliet.

In the free time I like to play the flute, piano and now newly violin too. I also like it very much to write. I will also write a second book of Romeo & Juliet soon!

Credit goes to: William Shakespeare.

N – The tale I'm about to tell is a love story that sadly will turn into a tragedy. It is set in Italy, in the ancient city of Verona, where two powerful families – the Capulets and the Montagues – have long been waging a war only animated by hate hatred and grief.

The Capulets and the Montagues are fighting again. The fight gets even more intense.

The Prince of Verona is sick and tired of such an unbearable situation. He shows up at the scene with his guards and angrily command them to immediately cease the brawl.

Prince – Enough is enough! Stop, or there will be consequences! Whoever violates my orders, and one more time will shed blood within the walls of our tormented city, will be severely punished!

N – The two families are angrily starring at each other as the prince talks.

The Capulet's mansion is in deep ferment for the upcoming evening. A masked ball has been thrown for Paris to meet his betrothed Juliet.

Due to the ignorance of a servant, the list of guests to the ball lands in Romeo's hold, who's strolling through the city with his friends. Romeo has long fallen for Rosaline, Juliet's cousin, and several times from the girl rejected.

Romeo – Look, there is a masked ball at the Capulet's house. It means I can finally talk to Rosaline, and finally convince her to be mine.