Feelings and Among others

"You're so reckless, you know that?!"

"Yeah, yeah...I know....you've told me this hundreds of times..."

"Yet, you never listen to me when it comes to your safety!"

"....I'm sorry?"

"Sorry isn't gonna cut it this time, Kazuto. You almost died!"

"I'm still here..."

"Okay, and?! That doesn't erase the fact you nearly died!"

"I've nearly died before, what's so different this time?"

"Kazuto."

"I'm sorry.....I'll shut up..." Kazuto mumbled, laying back down in the sleeping bag he was settled in, fearing for his life more than he did against the brute that nearly took it.

'Everything in my mind is blank on what happened....one moment I was fighting one of the brutes, before being struck down by the enormous beast...everything just went black....pretty sure I was dead too...I swore saw Sugu....next thing I knew, I woke up in someone's sleeping bag in someone's tent....with Shino fast asleep beside me...'

'From what I can understand....someone...a human...came out of nowhere and took us here...my wound was treated...and then I was settled in the tent of our savior.'

"Good...you're awake now."

Kazuto and Shino would look over toward the entrance of the tent, where a girl with brown-orangish chestnut hair, hazel colored eyes, silver armor chest plate with a long-sleeve pink shirt under it, black skirt, gray high-knee socks, tan boots, and a small red cape/cloak on.

"I haven't properly introduced myself...my name is Asuna Yuuki."

"Thank you....for what you did....my name is S-MMH!!" Shino began, only for a sudden hand to cover her mouth.

"What's your game...why did you bring us here...are we your prisoners?" Kazuto asked, a bit of hostility in his voice.

"There is no game...I brought you here to not only help but protect you." Asuna said.

"I highly doubt that...you....humans....you're all the same..." Kazuto said, just as he felt what felt like sandpaper against his hand, realizing Shino had licked his hand.

"What are you? Five?" Kazuto said, pulling his hand back.

"Oh quit crying, be lucky I'm not a Vetelas..." Shino said, turning back to Asuna.

"Sorry about him."

"It's fine, I can't understand how he feels, but I know the others would."

"Others?" Kazuto asked.

"Mmhm. When you're ready, please come to the campfire." Asuna said as she left the two alone.

"What does she mean by others..."

"Kazuto....we can trust her."

"How can you be so sure..."

"You'll know soon enough."

"How can you trust her...for all we know, she co-"

"She saved your life. That's more than enough of a reason for me to trust her...."

"..."

"You're the only person I can call family in this world...you've been there for me ever since we first met...you never left my side...unlike my parents..."