The Grey Rose (2)

Moar funnies while I work on a really frickin long chapter-

(When Sabre's still adjusting to everything and is anxiety filled)

M: (walking in) Hi!

Sabre: (Sitting in the couch) Hi.

(When Sabre is 100% comfortable with everything and he and M have accepted each other as siblings in every way except legally for plot reasons)

M: (Walking into the room in a hilariously over the top way) GRRREETINGS, IMBECILE.

Sabre: (Sitting on the couch and flipping him off) Hello to you too, cretin.

(Sabre soon ends up being the one usually supervising the group of friends Ruby is in)

Sabre: (sitting on the sidewalk helping a kid with a chalk drawing) And then you can use your hands to blend the colors-

Ruby's Friend: (tugging on Sabre's sleeve) Hey, Mister Sabre?

Sabre: Hm?

Ruby's Friend: I thought I should warn you, Ruby's dad taught him a new fighting thing.

Sabre: Why do you need to warn-

(Ruby suddenly appears, having jumped from a nearby tree and right on Sabre's back)

Ruby: SNEAK ATTACK!

Sabre: AA-

(Sabre proceeds to get folded like a flip phone)

Ruby: Hi Sabre! Did I scare ya?

Sabre: I think you might've made something pop, bud...

Ruby's Friend: Seriously Ruby, you find the one person in the whole kingdom that can handle roughhousing, and you literally jump on him.

(The Professor being baffled by humans)

Prof. Red: What do you mean your species can just- give someone a new organ?!

Sabre: Yeah, it's called an organ transplant. People get an organ from someone that died to replace one of theirs that's too damaged by something to heal.

Prof. Red: That is just-

Sabre: Sometimes the organ has this thing I think is called cellular memory, and the new organ still does regular behaviors the donor did.

Prof. Red: ???

(More of this lol)

Prof. Red: So... your people can be burnt by sunlight??

Sabre: Yeah, if we stand in it too long. You guys don't?

Prof. Red: If we did, I wouldn't have asked you about it, now would I?

(Imma start using two parenthesis to show that these are a chain of incorrect quotes)

Sabre: (explaining reactions to injury) -So yeah, that sucks. Usually if something hurts us, our adrenaline would-

Prof. Red: What is this 'adrenaline' you speak of?

Sabre: A chemical that's basically a drug that makes it so we don't feel stuff and gives us an extra boost of energy. It's a survival mechanism.

Prof. Red: ...You have a survival mechanism. That makes you physically able to ignore pain.

Sabre: Yeah, pretty much.

Prof. Red: What on earth would make your people need a mechanism like that-?

Sabre: I dunno. There's not much to trigger it in an actual dangerous situation, but there's people that do dangerous things just to trigger it on purpose.

Prof. Red: I'm sorry people WHAT-

()

Sabre: ...And yeah that's why the term 'atomic veteran' exists.

Prof. Red: ...Sabre what the f-

()

(They got distracted and started talking about myths)

Prof. Red: Do your people have any tales of caution? I'm curious since you seem to be so drawn to danger.

Sabre: I'm just gonna ignore that second part, and yeah. Wanna hear 'em?

(A few cryptid/horror stories later)

Sabre: And some people still say they saw her ghost in the river, or hear her cries for her children to return. It's a pretty cool story.

Prof. Red: (visibly shaken)

Sabre: ...Wanna hear the one about the Cave Dweller?

Prof. Red: Just from the name, no-

(Okay enough of these lol)

(Prof. Red walking through one of the castle halls, when he comes across my listening in on something from the hallway.)

Prof. Red: Amaris, what're y-

M: (Makes a 'shh' motion and points into the room, smiling.)

(Professor Red looks, and sees Sabre and Carmine geeking out about folklore.)

(In case you haven't noticed, TGR!Sabre is a mythology nerd for backstory reasons)

(M trying to sneak back into the castle late at night, because he accidentally stayed out too late. He's trying to find an unlocked door when Sabre suddenly opens a window next to him.)

Sabre: (whispering) Lose track of time, buddy?

M: (climbing in through the window, pointing at Sabre) Shut.

Das it for now :b