Chapter 17

DEAR PEOPLE, PLEASE LISTEN YOUR MOST EMOTIONAL PLAYLIST WHILE READING
THANK YOU SO MUCH<3

˚✧˖°

The Australian GP went very smooth for both of the Mercedes drivers. Alma got P1 and Lewis got P2, sharing the podium with Lando. Oscar getting his first ever points in his home race.  Azerbaijan was a little trickier for Mercedes. Redbull's and Ferrari's updates overshadowed them, to be honest.  Though she achieved to win the race, Charles got P2 and Max was P3. For the first time ever, she wasn't sharing the podium with Lewis, instead she got her two close friends. She was quite relieved to be honest.

They were playing hide and seek since her birthday. Lewis was taking two steps forward, and Alma was running back. She was not ready to face with him, mostly she was not ready face with her own feelings. Her heart always betrayed her brain.

The next race was Silverstone, which meant her father was going to be there and she was mentally preparing herself to DNF. This week was going to be rough as hell.

"Alma?"

Charles nudged her, pulling her back from her thoughts . She shook her head, not quite aware of what had been asked.

Straightening her posture, "Sorry, can you ask it again?"

"Of course. Your highest grid position in Silverstone is fifth, not your best track I suppose? Are you confident that you will break the curse?"

No, she hoped that curse wouldn't break her instead.

Alma took a moment to gather her thoughts before responding, "Well, definitely not my best track but I would like to do better than a fifth place, especially after my first place in Miami. The problem with the car is solved, our mechanics did a grande job so I hope we will honour them," she said, putting the mic  down with a faint smile. She already felt drained, the urge to smash her head so she wouldn't race was not leaving her.

The man nodded, thanking her.

Charles burshed his shoulder to hers, "You will be fine Al, we will be there for you," whispering to her ear, trying to assure her. She gave him a smile, pressing her lips in a straight line.

Don't get her wrong, she wasn't scared of him but he was going to remind her the worst memories. The guilt-tripping was there, and she was going to fall for that.

"Hello Alma," a different interviewer said with a smile.  "Ciao," Alma replied, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Half home-race? Are you excited? Will we see you on the double brit podium with Lewis," he asked.

"I am excited, not because I am half-British but because Silverstone is histrocially very important for our sport. I feel huge respect for the people, coming here to watch us and how they love this sport internally. But for double-Brit podium, Lando or George should win since they are actually racing under the British flag,"  she leaned forward facing Lando, who was sitting next to Charles "Your first win Silverstone Landon?" she smirked.

It made him laugh, with his heart eyes "Delulu," he replied his voice shaking. "Hey, have some self-confidence," she warned him jokingly. Charles grabbed the microphone, " This is your bold prediction for this race, I am assuming. Let's put money and play bet," he smiled, earning nods from the other drivers.

They moved on, everyone was asked several questions.  Leaning back in her seat, enjoying her free-abuser time as much as she could.

˚✧˖°

As the media-pen ended, she was on her way to her private driver room but she received a notification from Toto.

IMESSAGE-Toto
Alma + Toto