The Traitor, the King, and the House of Rengoku

As demons roam through the darkened night, there are certain places that they can stand out. Massive cities for example. Even after dusk, cities are populated, for demons to feel completely exposed to the public. In one such city, a young child alone goes to a bookstore, in search of a book on plants. Fortunately, there was one available. Satisfied he returned to his manor, going straight to the house library, but not before getting the adults who were praising his intelligence.

??: He's that smart?

An adult said.

??: Of course. Although, I was saddened through the effort of not being awarded a child, but we were fortunate enough to bring this orphan into our family. Aside from the non-blood relation, we will strive to be amazing parents and let him follow in our footsteps. However, he was diagnosed with a skin disease. And he can't step out into the sunlight.

??: It's very sad.

??: I just wish we could find a cure to do it. So, he can feel the free daylight forever.

Up in the library, the boys was reading through the plant book, mainly on a plant called the blue spider lily. As he reads, he feels a wind as the library balcony door opens.

??: Who... who's there?

The curtains blow open revealing Akira kneeling down. 

??: Oh it's just you Akira.

Akira: I've come to report to you, Lord Muzan.

The boy's eyes turn cat red, and veins appear around his head. It was Muzan Kibutsuji. His ability to change his appearance knows no bounds.

Muzan: Did you find what we discussed?

Akira: I've gathered the best information I could. But despite it all I couldn't confirm its existence. I cannot locate the blue spider lily.

Muzan: And?

Akira: I will double... No, triple my efforts. I will put everything into meeting your expectations. Also, I've engaged with the Sun Breather Tanjiro Kamado, but was unable to eliminate him. I will not hesitate next time to kill him.

Muzan stared at him infuriated.

Muzan: It would seem as if you forgot how things work here Akira. I wonder.

He took control of Akira's cells putting him in immense pain, keeping him still.

Muzan: This isn't the very first you've failed me, that you've proven your uselessness. It's more than just killing him. It's common knowledge that a demon would defeat a human. What I desire is total annihilation of the demon slayer corps. What I wish is to never see them in my sight ever again. It's been too long since I gave out the assignments and yet it's still not done. I agree with the fact that the boy reminds me of the demon destroyer. When I encountered him in Asakusa, the fear took over me once again. But it was also fury, that you couldn't even slaughtered a few humans! And now he's returned as a demon slayer! This is twice that you failed me.

He rips the book in half.

Muzan: You claimed to have fought with this Kamado, but there were twelve other demon slayers, one was a Hashira who was injured! Why didn't you use your full strength when I sent you to that failure of a Lower Rank since you happened to be nearby?! Akira! Akira! Akira! Akira!

The Upper Rank began to bleed eveywhere.

Muzan: You have disappointed me. Taking blows from those that weren't even Hashira. I slowly begin to wonder if you are truly of the title "Upper Rank One".