one

your pov

It's dark and there's a light breeze blowing my hair softly as it passes by. I'm outside of the bar, that my whole team is at celebrating a win, but I don't really feel like celebrating. I came anyways, I wanted to make everyone happy and not raise any alarms. I love my job, I share an apartment with lucy, everything's going pretty great, but I can't seem to shake this negative feeling. I stand there pretty much sulking, when I feel a hand grab my wrist, I immediately go into fight or flight, I choose fight. I swing my body around, almost hitting the woman standing behind me.

"jesus angela, you scared the shit out of me" I say taking a deep breath

"woah, sorry boot," she says in a playful voice

I chuckle "you know i'm not you're boot anymore" I turn back around and face the street

she stands next to me "yeah I know, it's just fun to mess with you, sooo why are you out here crying while everyone else is celebrating and why did you almost just punch me"

she places her hand on my shoulder and moves in down my arm. I feel butterflies form in my stomach.

"I just feel weird, I don't know.." I look down at the street

I do know I think, lucy is the only one who knows about my little crush on angela, at least that's what she calls it. it's not really a crush, i'm in love with her. every time i've tried to dip my toes in the dating world, my mind is only focused on her. I tried to work up the courage to tell her one time, that did not work out, I just want to tell her even though she'll reject me, maybe i'll finally be able to move on.

"you feel weird?" she raises an eyebrow

I chuckle again at how ridiculous I sound "yeah.."

she pauses and looks at me, she looks like she analyzing me. she takes her hand and runs it down my arm again this time it's rough. I shutter at the feeling, the butterflies growing in the pit of stomach.

"this has something to do with me, spill it y/n" I hear the impatience in her voice

"we should get back inside now before the others start to worry," I say completely ignoring her demand

"no way, tell me" she grabs my wrist to keep me from walking away

"you're not gonna like what I have to say, it's really not the right time.." I start chocking up

"if something's going on just tell me, i'm here to help," I hear a softness to her voice

"I really just, I really.." before I can say anything else lucy comes out of the bar

she lets go of my wrist and we both spin around fast, i'm sure I look like a dear in head light, with tears welded up in my eyes. I see lucy's eyes light up and a smirk appear on her face. I quickly shut that down, and shoot her a look that screams get my out of here. she sees my look.

"I was just looking for you guys, come one why are you out here, all the funs inside" she laughs clearly worried about me

she grabs my hand and pulls me inside and tells lopez to come inside too. as soon as we're inside we get lost in the crowd, she pulls me into the bathroom.

"what did I walk in on out there, did she find out about your little crush?" she questions

I softly laugh "it's not a little crush, i'm like in love with her lucy, and I almost just told her!"

"I know you are, i'm sorry..don't you want to tell her?" she asks grabbing my hand

"no, well yeah she gonna tell me i'm a freak and that's okay, I just need to get over her and that's the only way i'll be able to" I sigh "why is this so hard"

"you just have to get it over with!" she says squeezing my hand

"yeah but definitely not tonight.." I chuckle

"okay, but at least go out there and have fun with me!" she pleads

"okay," I smile I could never say no to lucy she's my best friend

lopez's pov

I followed y/n and lucy to that bathroom, I had a sense they'd talk about what's bothering y/n and what it has to do with me. Boy was I right, I spend my time with my ear lead against the dirty bathroom door. that's why she's been acting so weird, she likes me. I decided i'm going to mess with y/n a little bit before tell her I know, and how I feel about it. I walk away pretty quickly when I hear them finishing up. I feel a smirk form on my face as I see lucy and y/n come out of the bathroom, and over to the bar. I decide to take a second and then go up to them.

"hey mi ariño lets go talk, lucy can I steal her for a minute," I have a sly smile on my face as a grab her hand and intertwine our fingers

I see the looks they exchange, with shocked wide eyed expressions. I pick a small corner of the bar with no one from work anywhere near us. it's a booth a small one so we are face to face sitting in the same booth.

"what did you want to talk about outside?" I have a smirk like smile plastered on my face

I see her scoot closer to the wall and I scoot closer to her. "it's not important really angela,"

"if it's important to you, it's important to me.." I say with a sweetness in my voice

"I don't know what to say.." her voice soft and quiet

"just say what's on your mind, mi amor" I place me hand on her lower thigh

"I.." she pauses "wait." I watch her analyze me the same way I did to her outside "you asshole! you know!" she playfully shoves me "you overheard me and lucy talking didn't you?" she asks

"okay you caught me.." I chuckle "why didn't you just tell me?" I question for real

"I was scared, scared of rejection I guess.." she say quietly looking slightly down

I put my finger on her chin and lift it up some so we're making eye contact, I smile as look into her eyes and get up. I lean back down and whisper in her ear "why'd you think I would reject you.." I get up and walk away with a soft smile on my face.