2.5

June 15, 2043, Monaco

Sienna's POV

Don't get me wrong, I'm usually a person who doesn't find it difficult to ask for forgiveness, but after a month of giving him the cold shoulder it has become a bit embarrassing  for me to do so.

I was at the door of my childhood house in Monaco, having come straight from France after spending a few weeks there training, knowing that if I stopped by my house first Leo would distract me from my task and I would have to go to the next race in Barcelona alone.

“Have you forgotten the key or what?” I turn at the voice, Max had just left his apartment, which was right next to my parents' “Because I've been here for a while and you haven't even noticed”

“No, I have it, I just think they are not home” I lie.

“Yes they are, your dad at least, your mum is with Kelly here” He said pointing to his apartment “Do you want to see her instead?”

“No…no I came to talk to dad”

“Good” He said nodding his head “Good job in Imola by the way, what a comeback”

“It was the car, the team did a good job setting it up”

“You don't go from eighth place to second place just because of the car Sienna, accept the compliment”

“Thank you”

“And give your old man some rest, It's his first time being a father too, he's trying, that's more than what many do” It was no secret to anyone about the strained relationship that Max had had with his father over the years, it only got worse once Leo was born from what he himself told me, Max not wanting him near his kid “Well I should get going, I promised the ladies some coffee from the shop around the corner and it won't buy itself, I'll see you in Barcelona if I don't see you before”

“Yeah see you in Barcelona”

He left through the elevator and I looked at the door again, it's stupid, I know he's not going to react badly to seeing me but I feel like I've been acting petty this month ignoring him.

I decided to stop fooling around and ring the doorbell. I heard him shout coming from the other side of the door, followed by footsteps once he was closer and the door mechanism opening.

The door opened completely and after a brief moment of confusion when his eyes fell on me his shoulders relaxed and a wide smile took over his face.

“Hey little star” He's not mad?

I take a step forward without waiting for him to say anything else and hug him, surrounding his waist and hiding my face in his neck.

“I'm sorry, I overreacted in Monaco, I'm sorry” I apologize.

“It's okay Sienna, it's okay, you're young, you have the right to be wrong, I was wrong too, I shouldn't have called you selfish, you're not” His hand slowly caressed my hair in a comforting way.

“I missed you in Imola. I needed you but you weren't there” I confess pulling apart.

He brought my suitcase into the house and closed the front door,  then went back to where I was standing “You didn't need me, you did a great job, an amazing job darling”

“No, I needed you, I had a mental breakdown and everything, I was a mess, Marcus found me crying behind a trailer, it was so embarrassing”

“Oh Sienna” He murmured with pity.

“No, I deserved it” I stop him before he has time to apologize again "But I don't want a new trainer, I want you, if you want to of course”

“I will always be by your side whenever you need me” I release a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.