✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ✧

Narrator's POV:

Richie could feel the sun gently kiss his skin as the birds chirped in the background. The sky was a bright blue with fluffy clouds drifting by without a care, Melvin was tying up the last of his fart balloons.

"So... You're telling me that we're gonna throw these at the 'Harvey girls' ?" Richie asked as he cringed at the thought, "Yep!" Melvin responded as he puts the last fart balloon in a white laundry basket. "Are you sure it's a good idea? Cause I checked the statistics, and it says-" "Statistics, statistics! C'mon, don't you wanna learn how to prank people?" Melvin interrupted Richie. "Maybe we can... Plant two-hundred-dollar bills in their rooms?" Richie suggested as he smiled awkwardly. "Oh? Are you some sorta... Chicken?" Melvin teased as he proceeds to imitate the clucking sounds of a chicken.

Before Richie could respond, Melvin put his finger on Richie's lips. "You know what? Screw pranking the 'Harvey girls', and I challenge you to a 'Prank war' !" Melvin declared as he took his finger off Richie's lips. Melvin then shot Richie a shit-eating grin, "W-Well, sure!" Richie agreed as he recalled what happened the last time he and Melvin had a 'Prank war'.

"Wait, but remember the last time we had a prank war, Melvin?" Richie recalled as he shivered at the memory. "Well, I learned my lesson from last time, Ricky," Melvin said as he looked at his fingernails. "Oh well, ok then!" Richie responded as he stretched out his hand towards Melvin for a handshake. "Deal?" Richie asked as he smiled at Melvin, "Deal!" Melvin responded as he spat on his hand before stretching it out to receive a handshake from Richie.

Richie then retracted his hand and felt like he was about to throw up at the sight of Melvin spitting on his hand, "Well then, let the 'Prank war' begin!" Melvin declared out loud as he wiped the spit from his hand on his light brown shorts. "Be sure to impress me, Ricky," Melvin added as he winked at him, Richie could feel his heart skip a beat. The moment Melvin turned around and started to walk away, Richie could feel his knees suddenly have the consistency of jelly. He could feel his heart beating out of his chest, he then ran back to his sky mansion as sweat trickled down his forehead.

When Richie finally reached his sky mansion, he ran to his room and plopped himself onto his turquoise bed. He then grabbed a light blue pillow and screamed into it, he couldn't help but blush uncontrollably. Richie feels like he's going crazy, he's been having these feelings for Melvin ever since the first 'Prank war'. The only thing on Richie's mind was Melvin. Richie adores Melvin's snarky, witty remarks — Richie finds it enduring and... A little adorable.

Richie loves the way Melvin's freckles look; it reminded him of the stars he would see in the blissful night sky. "Maybe I should just... Give up, he probably doesn't even like me..." Richie thought as he buried his face deeper into the pillow. "Hey, Richie!" Greeted a friendly and familiar voice. "H-Hey Irona!" Richie practically screamed as he felt like he was about to get a heart attack. He then quickly threw the pillow aside, "What's up, Rich?..." Irona questioned as suspicion laced her tone. "Nothing's up!" Richie then realized that he might've answered a little too fast.

Irona already knows, she thinks it's kind of strange that Richie's been visiting Melvin's 'Right-now-a-gram' page more often than usual. And based on her statistics, she observed that Richie's serotonin levels are always off the charts when he's around... Melvin. Irona may not like Melvin, but, since he's the reason why Richie's happy... She won't exterminate Melvin — yet.

Richie needed to come up with some sort of excuse to politely ask Irona to get out, then, he remembered that he had to come up with some pranks for the 'Prank war'. "Hey, Irona? I need to come up with some pranks. So can you give me some... Space?" Richie stated as he stood up from his bed and grabbed his pillow, Irona knew that Richie was trying to politely shoo her away. "Alrighty, Richie..." Irona replied in a defeated tone.