Duryodhan stands up, looking bewildered. Arjun and Guru Drona look confused.
“What the-” I mutter.
I feel Meghna shaking me.
“What now Meghna-”
“Vaishu, you might want to look over there.” She says pointing. I follow her gaze and my eyes widen. Standing on a parapet is none other than Karna.

***
Meghna’s pov:

Okay, I admit the day started out shitty, but now it’s becoming interesting. Bhrata Arjun rushes to our side, arrow notched and aimed at Karna, “Who is he?!” He asks. Vaishnavi pushes Arjun’s arrow down. Arjun looks confused but before he can say anything, Guru Drona’s voice booms across the arena.
“WHO ARE YOU?!”

Karna jumps off the parapet and rolls over, standing up without a scratch on him. Men, They do the most dramatic entrances possible.
Bhrata Arjun is already at Guru Drona’s side, sword drawn ready to attack Karna. Not sure if I should be thankful but Karna doesn’t seem to register that Vaishu and I are present too.

Vaishnavi looks at me, “Don’t do anything rash.” She warns.
“Puh-lease you act like I’m about to get down on my knees and declare my undying love.”
“Only you can make a joke during a time like this.” She says.

Karna holds his hand out, halting Arjun. He turns to Guru Drona, “What right do you have to name him the best archer in the world?”
“I mean he has a point.” Meghna mutters. I jab her in the side and glare at her to shut up.
“Do you remember me, Guruji?” Karna sneers. Guru Drona’s face suddenly dullens, a scowl bracing his face.
“I know you, weren’t you the student I turned away?” He asks.

"Turning me away, Guruji would have been kind. Instead you cast me aside like a worthless stray," Karna's voice was laced with bitterness, his gaze piercing as he locked eyes with Guru Drona. "But I have returned, stronger and more skilled than ever before. And now, I demand the recognition that was denied to me."

Guru Drona's expression hardened, a flicker of regret crossing his features. But with the weight of Karna's accusations bearing down upon him, he remained resolute, his voice steady as he addressed his former student.

"I turned you away because you lacked the humility and discipline required to become a true warrior," Guru Drona's voice was firm, "But if you seek redemption, then prove yourself worthy of it. Show me that you have learned from your mistakes, and perhaps I will reconsider."

Karna let out a scoff. He turned to Bhrata Arjun.
“I challenge you to a contest. Whoever wins, will be declared as the one worthy of bearing the title of the best archer in the world.”

Bhrata Arjun regarded Karna with a steady gaze, his expression unreadable as he considered the implications of the challenge. Finally, Bhrata Arjun spoke, his voice calm and measured. "I accept your challenge, Karna," he declared, "But know this: I will not hold back, nor will I show you any mercy. Prepare yourself for a battle unlike any you have faced before."

Karna let out a laugh, “"I would expect nothing less, Oh mighty Rajukumar Arjun.”
Bhrata Arjun’s eyes darkened as he stepped closer to Karna. His fist tightened.
“Don’t. Call. Me. Rajkumar.” He gritted out.
I gave Vaishu a side eye.

Gurl-

Meghna I swear to god.

Lady, looks like my brother only appreciates you calling him Rajkumar.

Meghna I don’t care if the entire kingdom of Hastinapur is watching, I will kick you in the stomach right now.

Gasp. I’m terrified- OW WHY DID YOU PINCH ME

Oh maharani stop screaming in my mind!!!

Bhrata Yudhisthiri cleared his throat, “Are you two alright?”
“Yes Bhaiya, Meghna and I were-”
“Having a staring contest!” I blurted out.