Before the outbreak

"Alice can you go feed the horses?" Maggie askes me "ok Maggie" I reply and walk out of the house. I don't really like being home schooled but we live in the middle of nowhere and I might get made fun of if I did go to public school or atleast that's what Beth tells me. I love Beth she's my best friend even tho she's my sister. I start feeding my horse his name is Jamie when my mom tells me I need to get inside of the house now. "What is it mom your scaring me?" I say and look at the tv. It reads "apocalypse starting stay in doors find shelter prepare for the end" I read that and get really scared. I ask " mom what does this mean" she replies "hunny I'm not sure but go hang out with Beth and Maggie until we figure this out" after she says that I go upstairs to my sister Beth's room and see both of them "mom sent me up here I think something bad is happening out there" I say scared I walk over to Beth's bed and sit "what did you see?" She asks and I tell her about the tv "I hope it dosent last long" she says "me too but I'm scared" I respond and she pulls me into a hug and calls for Maggie. "What's wrong?" Maggie asks and Beth explains. We all sit on the bed scared waiting for a real explanation. Little do we know we never get one.