10. The First Date

*Purely Fictional Story*

AN: En readers avlo innocent a? Illaiye 🧐

Round dining table edhuku nu kettavangaluku 2 gentle reminders: (i) sofa scens a naa indha FF lendhu azhuchuten; (ii) The First Morning chapter la morning coffee scene padikavum 😛

__________________

Around 2 weeks later

It was a Saturday morning and Sadhana was excited about it. She woke up early but was yet to get up from their compact queen-size bed.

Why? 'Cos her sleeping husband's thick arm lay on her petite arm between their faces as they laid facing each other. Her fingers were barely peeking from in between his gangly fingers - it was as if her hand had vanished inside his.

Smiling to herself, she patiently admired Ananth's serene sleeping face. It reflected a sense of contentment that was contagious, making Sadhana feel genuinely content. She internally chuckled at the way his hair fell on his face, almost till his eyes. College la pasangala mattum haircut pannu nu sollavendiyadhu, aana thaan mattum ippadu bussu bussu nu silky hair oda irukavendiyadhu she mumbled but immediately put her other hand's forefinger on her lip when her mumbling caused him to inch his face closer to their entwined hands, his deep breath hitting her small finger directly.

Chuckling this time without a sound or shaking her body, she rested her eyes on his kurta like always. If asked, Sadhana could tell you the thread counts in the button of Ananth's kurta, for she had been staring at it for long every morning - her mind not yet making up its mind if she could peek above that open button and glance at his chest while he slept. Her eyes would almost skirt the border of his kurta but would come back to the button in shyness. This had been an everyday activity and she was testing her own patience.

The time they went to sleep, the time they got up and the time in between was the only time they got to be in close quarters with each other since the time Ananth had rejoined his work. She missed him terribly during the day time and once he was home, she would make up for the day's lack of talking by telling Ananth everything that happened during the time he was away.

She would talk so much that Ananth would have to silence her by pressing his forefinger on her lips and shush her while they were in bed most nights well past their bedtime.

And some nights Sadhana would talk too much just to feel his finger on her lips.

For while the couple had somewhat progressed in their intimacy [read: sleep in close proximity of each other], they had not had much opportunity to spend time, let alone have intense moments, during the day time. The previous weekend had seen them shop locally for groceries and visit neighbouring houses for friendly introductions, which had left no time for the couple to spend on themselves.

But this Saturday, they had no plans. Which meant, she was going to spend the day with her husband. And she was ecstatic about it.

Paathuru ippove, avaru muzhichukitaru naa paakave maatom. Namma paakuradha avaru paatharu naa keli pannite iruparu Being in good mood, she finally made up her mind and dramatically lifted her eyelids as if she were unveiling a curtain of the stage - and admired his chest.

Given their height difference, her eye level would most times be at his chest, but due to her shyness, she would hardly give it a glance when he was awake. Control control she would tell herself each time she was tempted to steal a glance at his broad asset - a kink she seemed to have developed recently.

So why not jump in when the chance presented itself today on a lazy morning where neither had to hurry? She decided to utilize it to the maximum. And spent the next twenty minutes between approving the sight before her, and dozing on and off.