P R E L U D E

" Don't you miss home?" The village head's newly married daughter had recently returned to her maternal home

When she'd discovered the talk of the town was a new female astrologer who was her Father's guest, she'd been excited to meet her.

It didn't take her time in befriending the young woman, given her own talkative nature.

Besides, this new astrologer emitted a certain warmth, an air of friendliness and charm, she was beauty with brains, no wonder the men had their eyes on her.

She was naturally talkative and spoke to anyone she found free.

So when she found this pretty guest unoccupied with everyone away to the musician's house for a new play, the astrologer, her assistant and her maid were her new targets.

" I would have...if it was worth being missed." She muttered incoherently.

" Did you say something?" Kaveri turned towards her, certain that she murmured something she failed to understand.

" Oh no, nothing. What were you saying? Go on." Vallari urged eagerly as her best-friend and maid let out low groans, silently cursing her.

" I was saying, don't you miss home? I was away only for three months, yet I missed home so bad. Living without my parents has never been so difficult for me. Meanwhile you've been away from home six years now, with minimum visits. I could never stay away from home for so long. Your parents must be missing you so. Look, you're a young girl, you come from a noble family. You're also of marriageable age. Why don't you go home? You can think about your marriage later."

" A lot has changed at home in the past few years." Vallari admitted truthfully.

Her father had fallen sick two years after she left for Gurukul.

And his health had started deteriorating.

Her mother took over the reigns, ruling and making most important decisions in place of him.

Her brother Vallabh, merely eighteen took over as Crown Prince.

But the throne led him to losing the girl he loved.

Their Royal priest's daughter, Bhavani.

However, their mother laid before two choices before him.

And marrying Bhavani would lead him to abdicating the throne, and it would be eventually passed onto her.

She had absolutely no interest in taking over as the Crown Princess.