A Shine of Hope. (E)

I came to school everyday, minding my own business. I never had any interrogation with my schoolmates at all. But, I don't mind it. After all, who would wanna talk to a loner and gloomy girl like me? They probably think that I'm stinking the whole classroom with my loneliness.

In a science class, we all are given a task to study about the given organisms and are given partners to collaborate with. Of course no one chose me, but you were different. You agreed to partnered up with me. Why? Why did you want to? I am reek of gloom...

With a soothing voice, you speak:

???: Hey! Eva, right?

Eva: Yeah...

Mike: The name's Mike, nice to meet you!

Eva: Yeah...

Why are you even talking to me? I'm just a total loner of which no ones want to talk to. But why are you... Why are you different...?

Mike: So, what are we suppose to do for our project?

Eva: It's a biology project about how organisms react to certain changes. We are assigned to study worms.

Mike: Worms, eh? Well, then follow me.

We walked down towards the school garden where beautiful flowers are planted. I wish I was as beautiful as them, maybe then willl they see my worth... After all that's all that matters.

You continue digging the garden bed, searching worms.

Mike: Aha! There it is.

Eva: This is plenty enough for our project.

Mike: Yeah. Let's go to the lab now to run our tests on them.

We made our way to the lab and we did some tests on the worm, studying how they react on certain circumstances. Funny that I think about it. Worms apparently are very resilient. They can survive even after a part of their body were cut off.

Eva: I think we should separate them.

Mike: Separate? By colour or size?

Eva: Size.

Mike: Got it.

I handling it with bare hands since I don't mind touching them. But then, you started chuckling to me.

Eva: What's wrong?

Mike: Nothing... It's just, usually girls are disgusted and or afraid to touch insects, but you're just manhandling them like it's nothing.

Eva: I don't mind touching them at all. They are weaker and smaller than me and cannot do any harm to me.

You continues on chuckling which made me blushed for some reason. No one has ever chuckles about my behaviour...

Mike: Why hasn't anybody talk to you, huh?

Eva: What do you mean by that?

Mike: I meant, from my point of view, you are more than the eyes meet.

Those words alone abled to send blood rushing to my face. I feel hot and dizzy. What is this feeling?

Mike: Ah! I've made you blushed!

Eva: S-Shut up!

Mike: You know, you better off smiling. It makes you cuter that way.

Eva: It does? You really think so?

Mike: Yeah! And I don't think so, I KNOW so.

Your words and your body language are all speaking to me. It made my heart flutters. Why? Why are you being this nice to me? Usually people wouldn't even want to look at me, but you... You are... different...