Chapter 10 : B&C

Best POV:

''So...She is a friend of your brother?''

''Hm.''

Porchay nodded.
The sort of small, dark studio gave Best the creeps.
It felt like a mini cemetery: the walls were black and the decoration morbid.

''...And P'Phayu knows her.'' added Chay.

Their eldest was there too, sitting on the sofa, a smile on his cunning face :

''Exact. You kids have balls.'' commented Phayu. ''Coming to see Uta at her home is rare. And what's more, she lets you in...I am curious about this situation.''

Behind a white curtain that looked like a hospital room, someone moved.
The famous Uta was there, she was a recognized tattoo artist.
Many of his drawings hung on her walls, a gothic style and pronounced for the aesthetic of death.

''You're Porsche's little brother, aren't you?''

''Porchay.''

''Right....Wait a second.''

Her voice was hoarse.
As if she had just smoked an entire pack of cigarettes.
Best froze, he was terrified of this place, but then its owner was just as scary.
But his best friend didn't seem the least bit worried:

''I know you provide Porsche with documents...Not really authentic ones, P'Uta. I need a driver's license...Please.''

Phayu arched an eyebrow and he leaned forward, his little smirk had disappeared:

''What are you trying to do, kid? I warn you, Rain likes you and if something happens to you, he will be sad...so I advise you to think carefully.''

''Let's see, Phayu, relax...It's fine, right ? He is with us.''

Uta pushed the curtain aside, finally fully entering the room.
She was a thin woman and her waist was marked by the leather corset she wore.
Part of her head was shaved and she had numerous rose tattoos and piercings.

''Can you pay, kid? I'm quite expensive, to be honest.''

Best felt a shiver run through him.
Chay was even poorer than him, how did he plan to go about buying illegal documents?!
This was a fucking idea. No way they could do something so crazy...

''We'd better leave now!'' whispered Best, his voice trembling.

''I plan to win the tournament organized by the Theerapanyakul family.'' said Chay with a serious tone. ''The winner will have a nice sum, according to what the elders say... You can have all the money. I don't care.''

Uta smiled at him.
A strange and mysterious smile....Then, she went next to Phayu with some graceful movements :

''This is.....How interesting, you didn't tell me that, Phayu. A new Ride or Die game ?''

''I'm not participating in this.'' muttered Phayu, suddenly looking at his hands. ''Rain doesn't approve. It stresses him out too much...And I don't need money, I am already rich.''

''Hehe...''

Uta burst out laughing.
The two youngest remained very serious.
A Ride or Die game ? Ok, Best was about to faint.
This was way too dangerous.

''Fine, kid. I'll do it for you...Only on the condition that Phayu trains you.''

Best reacts immediately:

''But, P'Phayu drives a moto...Chay is in the Hunter X team...He will have to drive a car.''

Uta rolled her eyes before tapping her finger on her knee:

''Tatata....Kid, the highway code is the same for all vehicles. But if you refuse...Well, I guess it can't be helped...''

''It's ok, I'll do it.''

Porchay was determined.

___________________________________

A few months later.

Charlie POV:

''...He's truly amazing...''

''His level isn't bad.'' P'Babe admitted, looking at the screen.

Charlie immediately smiled proudly.
He was the one who asked for Nong Chay to join the team, so seeing the latter drive so well was a victory.
North and Sonic, the two inseparable ones, stared at the screen with fascination:

''Oiii, how old is he again? 16 or 17?''

''Who cares about age.'' Babe commented, narrowing his gaze. ''He is gifted and his behaviour... It is enraged. It almost looks like he wants to kill someone with his car.''

Charlie chuckled.
Of course, P'Babe was worried about the car...more than Nong Porchay.
The competition was fast approaching and all the competitors could feel the pressure building up.

''It's Prapai who is paying this year, in return for the advertising on our cars.''declared Uncle as he arrived, a smile on the lips. ''It's incredible how rich people aren't afraid to take out their credit cards!''

Charlie raised an eyebrow doubtfully.
Porchay refused any sponsor...He said his crazy ex was bound to intervene.
But it clearly wasn't P'Pai, so why... Ah.

''Who finances the race ?''

''The Theerapanyakul family.'' replied Uncle.

''So...They have full power?'' asked Charlie.

Uncle nodded.
Shit.
Porchay might have to consider giving up the race. Especially if this Theerapanyakul guy was his ex....

_______________________________tbc_