chapter 18 - better days ahead

Start from the beginning

Y/N - awww.

Seeing it put a smile on my face and so, I walked out of the room. Closing the door so nothing would disturb her.

And by coincidence. I hear a knock on the door, turning my head towards it. I scratched my back as I walked up to it and opened the door

Bae - good morning oppa

Y/N - good morning Jinsol-ah. Didn't know you would be here this early.

Bae - hehe, can I come in? Is Suzy-unnie still asleep?

Y/N - she is but be a bit quiet alright?

Bae - heh, alright.

I let her in, letting her take off her shoes while I closed the front door.

After taking off her shoes, she surprisingly hugs me. And in that surprise of a interaction,I hug her back and we pull away after a few seconds

Y/N - how have you been?

Bae - good good, you?

Y/N - just finished up work yesterday so now I'm off for the weekend.

Bae - same for me, except I don't have anything on today

Y/N - that's great, come by the island. I made breakfast, should still be a bit warm.

Bae - oh really? Thanks oppa

Y/N - no problem.

We walk over to the kitchen where she sits on the stool by the island while I fixed up a bowl for her

Y/N - so what's the plan today?

Bae - we weren't able to go to the amusement park last time, but could we go today?

Y/N - sure of course, since it's a bit too early to go. Do you have any other options for us?

Bae - oh, I want to see where you teach at.

Y/N - sure

Bae - and uhm- I could stop by a clothing shop. I could use some new clothes.

Y/N - oh that's great, I've been aching to stop by a bookstore as well, could use some more material. And probably a stationary shop, my pen ran out.

Bae - hehehe, alright. Do you have a favourite book by any chance?

Y/N - I actually don't, thinking about it now

I turned around, giving her the bowl of food and grabbed few more plates containing the side dishes and rice

Y/N - voila. I'm starting to feel Korean, I got all of this stuff now and it's normal for me to serve them

Bae - ahhh, I forgot you just moved here like, a while ago. How was adjusting to here?

I put my elbows on the island, leaning in and putting my hands on my face while I glanced at her but mainly looked out the window where the blinds were.

Y/N - okay. It took me a while to get used to a lot of the stuff here like the currency, how the bus worked and some of the customs but now, I'm used to it.

Bae - that's great to hear oppa, I'm glad you've already adjusted.

Y/N - yeah.... But it took a while to adjust because of the girls. They were so interested in meeting me that I used to brush them off as a bit of a nuisance but now? I don't mind their antics, or their bickering around me. I got used to it. Then when Suze came in, moved in with me. I got used to her, I didn't understand the reason why she would move in with me since she had a penthouse all to herself but. I'm honoured that she picked me out of anyone to just form a relationship with. Which at first was platonic to say the least but ended up, where we are now.