003. bad idea right comes alive

I know what my friends would say if they knew that me and Charlie are kind of together again. And I know what they're going to say when Bad Idea Right comes out. And I know that they would probably kill me if they knew I had invited Charlie over tonight. But they don't know for now and I intend to keep it that way for a least a bit longer.

My apartment feels too warm as I wait for the doorbell to ring, so I walk over to the balcony door and pull it open, feeling the soft breeze flood the room.

I step out onto the balcony and take a deep breath. I think about how I am going to be a spiral of rumours about my relationship from now on and honestly I don't mind it.

Outside the air is cold and I wrap my jumper around tighter around me. The traffic on the street below rushing by. I live on the 4th floor so I have a decent view across the neighborhood I live in. The twinkling lights of LA surround me and I think about how different LA is to my home town of Lewes.

After a few minutes my mind wonders and I stand on my balcony not really sure what is going to happen, when a text snaps me from my thoughts.

Incoming Text Message from Char!

Char
hey I'm outside!

JJ
oki I'll buzz you in!

I walk back inside to the button that will let Charlie in, I press it and wait for him to ring the doorbell.

A few minutes later, I hear steps in the hallway and then the buzz of my doorbell.

I open the door,

"Hey."

I say as he steps into my apartment.

"Hey yourself, I missed you."

He replies, walking towards me and pulling me into a hug.

"I missed you too."

I replies smiling as he pulls me closer.

The door slams shut making us both jump.

"Shit that scared me."

I mutter.

Charlie just laughs at my fright and I pretend to swat him.

"Sorry."

He laughs.

I smile at him, taking in how gorgeous he is.

He smiles back at me and I can't feel but feel euphoria in this moment.

"So."

Charlie says.

"So."

I reply.

He looks at me, and takes my hand before being to drag me on to the balcony.

"Come here JJ."

He whispers in my ear before taking the final step on the balcony.

We step out together and the city lights look even more beautiful with him by my side.