o. sordid affair

STOLEN FATE ★ THE ORIGINALS

***

EMILIENNE HAGEN was the product of a sordid affair. Born of forbidden lust and hidden away from prying eyes, she grew up under the watchful gaze of her aunt, amidst the flicker of candlelight and the scent of incense.

Raised alongside her half-sister Freya, Emilienne's life was shrouded in secrecy and uncertainty. Their mother, Esther, burdened by the guilt of her own actions, had pleaded with her sister to take Emilienne away to hide the affair from her husband. But their aunt, Dahlia, had exploited a promise to claim both sisters as her own. It was said that Esther had made a pact long ago, a sinister promise that every firstborn witch of their family would belong to her, bound by blood and magic.

And so, because of their mother's indiscretions and the differing fathers of the two sisters, Dahlia had taken them both, raising them within the confines of her twisted web of lies and deceit. While Emilienne flourished under Dahlia's tutelage, embracing the dark arts with a frightening fervor, Freya struggled to find her place, yearning for something more: her family.

Esther, driven by a hunger for power that knew no bounds, sought to secure her legacy by granting immortality to her remaining children, a gift that would ensure their supremacy for all eternity.

But Dahlia, upon hearing this, was enraged by her sister's audacity. To tamper with the natural order of life and their pact was an abomination in her eyes, a betrayal of everything they held sacred. And so, in a fit of righteous fury, she crafted a spell—a curse that would bind herself and her nieces to a fate Freya considered worse than death.

The spell was simple yet devastating in its execution. For every hundred years that passed, they would be forced into a deep slumber, their bodies preserved in a state of eternal rest. And for one brief year, they would awaken, their powers restored and their thirst for vengeance unquenched.

And as the centuries passed and the memory of their betrayal faded into legend, Dahlia held out hope that one day a new witch would be born— the child she was robbed of when her sister crafted the immortality spell for her children.

But until that day came, the girls would remain imprisoned by their own hubris, their fate entwined with the threads of destiny and bound by the chains of their mother's sins.

Little did they know, that day would come early. The day Emilenne woke up alone.

***

NOTICE

EMILIENNE HAGEN

Fc: Kaya Scoldelario

Thank you so much for choosing to read Stolen Fate!

As always, my fic will not follow the canon timeline exactly.

— Emilienne does also speak Norwegian (Dahlia, Esther, Mikael and Freya too, as i think they should've in canon) and I do not. Any Norwegian will be translated by an online translator, so I apologise for inaccuracies.

-I would also like to clarify that I am aware that it's not accurate to the show that both Emilienne and Freya inherited the power of a first-born because of differing fathers...but for my plot to go the way I have planned, I needed them too...and I did not feel comfortable giving Dahlia a biological child.

WARNINGS: This story may contain themes of violence, sexual assault, drug usage, death, suicide, self-harm, murder, mental illness...etc
and any other triggering topics that may have been shown in TVDU.

This book may also contain sexual scenes.

If you find reading about any of these topics triggering, I'd advise not reading this story.

Enjoy