Awoken

Deep inside me has always felt... Empty. I'm tired of searching for that warmth, that warmth that could be felt once... But I know well that I take pride in ghost hunting. Ever since I was young I've been... Experiencing such things. It's like a curse, but now that I've found out what it is... I want more. To experience such a thing again would be heaven in my cold heart. Now here I am standing in front of what could be my future. Alongside with some... Friends you could say.

"Ano, you enter first, we promise we won't do anything to prank you~"

Those stupid liars, their voices don't bother me anymore, because I know I couldn't find better people.

"I'll go with her." Called out a fierce voice, one that could catch my attention. They grabbed my cold hands and dragged me inside, it seems the others are catching up too.

"How about we play a game? Hide and seek perhaps?" Called out another one, soon it seemed to all make sense. That fierce figure is Maki, she seems almost fearless. The other two are... Twins. I can't remember which one is which but I do remember their names. Evy and Mai.

I approach the hallway leaving the others behind, although I wasn't going to hide for that stupid childish game. I wanted something far more deeper. I wanted to feel... Alone. But something caught my eye. A strange bookshelf. It seemed as if it was hiding something. I tried pushing it but it seemed glued to the wall.

I heard a voice at the moment... One heard before. Before I could process what it said I had already seen it. It was one of the twins. My luck seemed to have faded. But I noticed the lights flickering, until every last light turned off. Before I could react I heard a scream, but not a normal one. A very high pitched one... One you would heard from trauma. Then it hit me. That wasn't a twin was it? I turned on my lighter only to see a body... Hanging from the ceiling. My eyes widened in shock. I rushed out of that room

"Ano~ Why did you let such a thing happen, you know your thoughts reflect on others, your past, the present, everything. If only you were dead everything would be okay." It was a high school girl, a few inches taller then me, but she seemed almost terrified yet so... Emotionless. She started to laugh a bit before kicking me down to the floor. "I always loved gore, isn't this so fun to experience?" She giggled innocently before kicking me know the face, I could feel warm blood rushing out of my nose.

"I hate people like you, people who don't experience things I go through! I lost all my spark for a second but I found what brought it back! The sense and smell of gore turns me on~" This girl was... Insane... But soon she immediately stopped and seemed sad.

"Oh that's right... I don't serve purpose no more... I guess it was nice." She looked down at me, I felt like I was gonna die... Yet I wasn't scared of death...

But I felt blood spill all over the floor, soon onto me. I felt deaf at this time. The only thing I could see was her body twitching and bleeding, her guts gushing out. And her head destroyed. All with the cause of a... Gun...

The scene played over and over again, I started to cover my face terrified, I really did ruin everything. Now I'm soaked in blood, this was all my fault. I just wanna end it all. But a flashback came to me... Long ago when I had a friend who understood me. I remembered everything, the scene of her hanging herself. Her last words. The times we took pictures together with our stupid little cameras. When we ran into the forest playing hide and seek. When she giggled...

"If I could say my last words... It would be silence." Those words rushed into my head, her very last words. I don't blame her. She must've wanted to kill herself far longer than that. But then again, she must've found peace...