Chapter X - The Call

After Charlie sentenced the two demons to recruitment duty, they went back to husk's room to get their stuff together. Husk sat down and collapsed onto the bed behind him. He inhaled for 5 seconds, and exhaled for 6, letting out a big sigh. "Tired?" Angel asked. He didn't look over at Husk though, he was preoccupied with rummaging through his pile of clothes next to the bed to find his boots. "No," husk responded, "I'm just...I don't wanna do this.". Angel grinned.
"Aww so you don't wanna spend any time with me husky?"

Husk blushed and sat up.

"No I-I do wanna spend time with you I just don't like the job we were assigned!"
"Mhm.. love ya to husky ;)"
"Have you even thought to consider why Charlie has been giving us all of these jobs for what reason? Seems like monotonous work to me!"
"I said I love you!"
"...don't make me say it.."
"Husk :(((("
Husk let out a sigh.

"Love you too douchebag.."

Angel excitedly jumped up and hugged husk around the neck.Husk chuckled to himself but tried to hide it. He didn't do a very good job.
"Awww" Angel said, "Huskys flustered!"
"Whatever, the point IS that Charlie is giving us random work to do. Going on dates? Getting recruits?" Husk changed the subject

"Well it's probably just stuff that she wants done!"
"I dunno. I just don't feel right about it."
"At least it gives me stuff to do to get me out oOOOOFFFF-"
Angel had a panicked look on his face and ran over to husks bedside table.
"What's wrong?" Husk asked, concerned.
"VAL!" Angel said, worried. He looked as if he was worried for his life. Angel picked up his phone and saw it.

66 missed calls from : Knockoff Mothman
Knockoff Mothman:
ANGEL DUST!
And 10 other messages

"SHITSHITSHITSHIT!!" Angel said. He started to hyperventilate. Husk jogged over to Angel as he called Valentino and sat down with his knees to his face. To Angel, the room was crowded. It felt like it was shrinking. His heart was beating louder and louder in his ears and felt like it was going to pound out of his chest. Husk on the other hand, he saw an empty and mundane room, with Angel as the only splash of color. He had his hand on Angels back as Angel crouched down in paralyzing fear.

RING RING RING
"ANGEL DUST!" Valentino said when he answered the phone
"Hi Val.."
"DONT YOU 'Hi VaL' ME! YOU HAVENT ANSWERED ME ALL DAY!!"
"I'm sorry Val I was busy-"
"UGH!- you are busy every day now. No more days off. I mean it. Get over here right now or else I'll display your head on my wall."
In a fit of rage, husk grabbed the phone from angels hands.

"YOU WAIT JUST A MINUTE YOU BITCH ASS PRICK!"

"Hu-WHO IS THIS?!"

"I KNOW YOUR TRICKS AND THEY DONT WORK ON ANGEL! YOU QUITE LITERALLY CANT KILL ANGEL AS HE IS YOUR ONLY CASH COW RIGHT NOW. YOU CANT KEEP KICKING THIS DEAD HORSE TO GET IT TO DO TRICKS. HES DONE WITH YOUR BULLSHIT!"

"ANGEL IS MY STAR DANCER. I GAVE HIM HIS CAREER AND I CAN TAKE IT AWAY JUST LIKE THAT. ALSO, ANGEL DUST HAS A CONTRACT. I OWN HIM. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU CANT DO SHIT TO INTERFERE."

Husk hang up.

Angel was staring in admiration, confusion, and anger all at once. "Stay here." Husk said, "and lay low. Stay with Charlie, Lucifer, and Vaggie. Be prepared to fight. You have one job, don't die."
"Husker.. what are you going to do..?"
"Save you."
Husk gently kissed Angel on the forehead.
"I love you."

Husk ran out of the hotel and off somewhere.

Angel sat alone, paralyzed. He thought 'what the fuck do I do?'

Stuck Together- a huskerdust fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara