Make Amends..

Beginne am Anfang

She recalls gawking at the girl when she presented her with a glimmering necklace accented with golden hues. She later learned that the necklace was made out of the finest selections of gemstone and other minerals, carefully handpicked by craftsmen to ensure that the ores would be of the best quality. Jesus. Like, what sane woman would do all that just for a gift? Literally only Amber Freeman and her rich ass.

While Tara greatly appreciated the gift, within the next few days, she was inundated by extravagant presents. She felt embarrassed and a bit frustrated that Amber was spending an obscene amount of money on her without a single care in the world.

"You didn't like what I gave you, Carpenter?"

"It's not that I didn't like it, but you really need to think more about what you're spending your money on."

"Is it a crime that I want to spend it on you, Tara?" The girl stays silent, finding the question both sickeningly sweet and incredibly cunning.

Even in a relationship, Amber has always been trying to find her weaknesses. Once she found out that words affected Tara greatly, her annoying girlfriend made sure to use them to her advantage. However, Amber never had truly had any malicious intent in any of those circumstances. Instead, it was quite entertaining to see the normally brazen and blunt Tara become a stuttering mess for a split second while others weren't paying attention.

"I'm not even going to answer that," Tara promptly says.

"That's fine, I don't mind. After all..." Amber murmurs coyly, "you've already bared so much of yourself to me." The ravenous gleam in her eyes makes the brunette shiver with anticipation. "Telling me that you felt lonely and that I haven't been affectionate enough must have taken great courage. All of my shortcomings must have caused you so much trouble, haven't they?" A soft palm rests on Tara's cheek, gingerly caressing her skin. "Poor baby."

The girl's face burns a bright red. "You're completely exaggerating what I said, Ambs." she struggles to speak, but miraculously continues, "I just said that I felt just a little bit lonely. It's not like I said you've been terrible!"

Tara regrets letting her thoughts and doubts get the best of her. For the past few months that she and Amber had been dating, the both of them remained civil in the eyes of others. Of course, they couldn't outwardly display their affections without the risk of getting caught. She blames herself for looking at the other lovey-dovey couples literally everywhere. Seriously suddenly the school is full of couples and it annoys her so much.

Though she thought public displays of affection were often unnecessary and excessive, she began to crave more after entering a relationship with Amber. Also, it didn't help that while Tara was shopping with Mindy, they would talk about how sickeningly affectionate she would be with her own partner, Anika.