Chapter 3:

Avery "hi mom", JJ "hi baby. How's school going", Avery "good, I'm flying out to Washington later today for the weekend", JJ "I know I can't wait. I've missed you so much baby", Avery "mom stop it lol. Where's mama", JJ "she's in her office right now. So much paperwork", Avery "is she able to talk? I don't wanna disturb her if she can't", JJ "baby she always has time to talk to you. I'm gonna bring her the phone", Avery "okay". Emily "who is it", JJ "our daughter", Emily "hi baby", Avery "hi mama", Emily "how are you doing", Avery "good, I'm coming to visit you guys for the weekend", Emily "that's great. Can't wait", Avery "I actually have something that u have to tell you and mom but it's something that I have to tell you in person", Emily "is it gonna make us feel upset", Avery "I hope that you don't feel that way", Emily "do you wanna tell me now. Mom isn't in here. She's in the bathroom", Avery "I don't know. I feel like it'll be wrong if I tell you and not her. For her to find out after you isn't right. I have to tell you both", Emily "she's back. FaceTime us", Avery FaceTimed her parents, Emily "your house looks nice", Avery "thanks", JJ "you have to tell us something", Avery "so I'm in the middle. Um dang it", Emily "just say it honey", Avery "I'm fostering an eight year old and I'm gonna adopt her", JJ "thanks great honey", Avery "wait you aren't mad at me", Emily "no we aren't. Yes you're a bit young but you're mature enough, you've got it going for yourself, so to say we are more than proud of you is an understatement", JJ "you make us proud", Avery "oh I have to go. Our cab is here to take use to the airport", Emily "okay. We will see you when you get here", Avery "okay", they were dropped off at the airport by the taxi driver.

Avery "are you excited to go on the plane", Charlie "yes mommy", Avery "did you just", Charlie "can I call you mommy", Avery "yes you can call me back whatever you want", after giving the tickets to the teller they sat in the area next to the door...

Avery "are you excited to go on the plane", Charlie "yes mommy", Avery "did you just", Charlie "can I call you mommy", Avery "yes you can call me back whatever you want", after giving the tickets to the teller they sat in the area next to the door to the plane they were set to be getting on. About a few minutes after that a plane announced for the passengers to start boarding and taking their seats, Avery and Charlie sat in first class, Charlie "can I have my headphones and my tablet please", Avery "here", the flight took off, Charlie fell asleep halfway through the flight while Avery read a book and listened to some music. About three hours later, their planed landed in Washington.  After grabbing their luggage, they headed down the escalator to meet with JJ, who was picking them up from the airport, once JJ saw her daughter she was in all smiles with bits of tears, JJ and Avery hugged. JJ "I've missed you so much honey", Avery "I've missed you too mom. Mom this is Charlie, and Charlie this is one of my moms JJ", Charlie was a bit shy, JJ pulled their luggage out to the front of the airport, and put their luggage in the back of the car. JJ "there's lots of people waiting at home dying to see you", Avery "the team is there", JJ "yeah", JJ drove back home. JJ took their luggage upstairs to the guest room while Avery went to the backyard, Charlie held her hand and became more nervous about meeting her new family. Henry and Michael were the first to wrap their arms around their big sister, it was awhile since they had seen each other, everyone took turns hugging Avery, and before she knew it Charlie was playing with all of Avery's younger cousins and her two brothers, so it was going well. Emily "I still can't believe my baby has a baby", Avery "mom you know this wasn't really planned but she really deserves to be loved, to raised in a loving family and I believe I can do that for her", Emily "you know the test is coming up", Avery "what test", Emily "you know what test. The one to join the FBI", Avery "there's no way I'll be selected as a candidate for that job", Emily "what are you talking about. You were in the FBI explorers program, and you still are. You did paperwork for the BAU here, and you've worked as a temporary liaison for this team. I am sure that you are more than qualified as a candidate for the job", Avery "you really think I can do that", Emily "you've dreamed of working alongside us in the FBI you're entire life, it's about time you make that dream come true", Avery "I don't know", Emily "come on, you gonna let the opportunity just fly by you and not take it", Avery "mom I wanna take it, you know I want it. But what about Charlie", Emily "she's a child. She's gonna have to start school soon, she can't be home all day. You're still a full time student yourself who also works for the FBI explorers program", Avery "okay. I will take the written exam and the physical ability test. If I get into the academy I get it then I get it", Emily "there's an opening for a special agent for our team", Avery "that'll be straight luck if I can get into that position", Emily "just go for it", Avery "okay", Emily "how are you able to have her control her powers", Avery "she's started taking this medication to help keep her calm, so she won't snap because the moment she does snap they'll be flames everywhere. I didn't know them but I hate her parents for not trying to actually take control of it, instead they forced her to use them. She's a child", Emily "not everyone is smart", Avery "yeah I know that". Emily "what do you wanna do for your birthday", Avery "I don't know yet but I know what I want", JJ "and what is it that you want", she asked kissing her on the cheek, Avery "a Bronco", JJ "as in the car", Avery "yes the car", Emily "why don't you go to the garage", Avery "why", JJ "come on, stop asking so many questions", they walked their daughter to their garage.

Avery "what the, oh my gosh", JJ "we may have been checking your search history for quite a while", Avery "this is actually mine", Emily "yep

Avery "what the, oh my gosh", JJ "we may have been checking your search history for quite a while", Avery "this is actually mine", Emily "yep. It's completely paid for, and we already paid your insurance for a year", Avery "oh my gosh. You two are the best parents ever", JJ "you deserve it. You're a hard worker, and you've exceeded everyone's expectations, you deserve the world baby girl", Avery hugged both of them before going to explore the inside of her new car. Henry "Charlie fell and she scraped her knee on the ground", Avery and the others went back to the yard. Avery lifted Charlie who was just crying, Avery "shh you'll be okay sweetheart", Emily "take her inside, I'll get the first aid kit", Emily grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom. Charlie sat in Avery's lap, Emily "I am gonna put alcohol on it", Avery "she's gonna scream, that is gonna burn really bad", Emily "I know that but I have to clean it", Avery "fine, but make it fast", Charlie screamed but Avery covered her mouth so nobody would hear her. Charlie had overheated herself from panicking too much, Emily put a bandaid on the large on Charlie's knee, Avery "I'm gonna put her to sleep", Emily "okay". Avery carried Charlie to the room, Avery "you've gotta be more careful out there sunshine. Do you want me to go to sleep with you", Charlie nodded, Avery "okay let's get into our pajamas then", Avery changed Charlie into her pajamas, and the changed into her shorts and oversized shirt. Avery "do you wanna watch a movie", Charlie "sleeping beauty", she shouted. Avery "okay, lay down sunshine", Avery went to shut the door and shut the lights off before climbing in the bed next to Charlie. Charlie rested her head right on Avery's chest, and their movie started. By the time the movie finished, JJ came into to the room to check on them, JJ "you okay in here. Do you need anything", Avery "no I'm okay. Thank you though", JJ "goodnight, see you two in the morning", Avery "goodnight mom".