Chapter 3

The shoot was fine. It's not my favourite thing I'd ever done, but they said it went well. Now I had the rest of the day in Milan. I did my usual shopping and spent a ridiculous amount of money on things that I didn't need, but I needed a distraction from the overload of men in every direction I looked.

I stopped off at a cafe and got a strong coffee and checked my phone. A message from Max, my mum and an old friend of mine. I hadn't spoke to her since I graduated university. Surprised, I clicked on the message.

She sent me a picture of me at the photo shoot outside of the Duomo di Milano.

Mila

You're in Milan?!?
I'm in Milan!!!
Where are you?

I sent her my location and within 2 minutes she was waving at me hysterically outside the cafe window. She raced inside and hugged me for such a long time, I'm pretty sure my ribs fractured.

"Mila," I managed to squeak, "I can't breathe."

She let go and laughed. "Sorry, it's just been such a long time."

"Too long," I nodded. "What brings you to Milan?"

"I work in Italy now, not too far away," she grinned, I was happy for her, Italy was always her dream. That and buying herself a Birkin. "But look at you Little Miss Model."

"Well, I've only done 3 shoots," I shrugged before she rolled her eyes.

"Don't bring yourself down, your 3rd shoot was literally Miu Miu."

She was right, I was always too critical of myself, but when you had a 3 time F1 world champion as a brother it was hard not to.

Her eyes lit up and I saw an idea float through her head. "I'm going to an event tonight, you should come."

"Mila I really don't think that's a good idea," I replied, my mind going back to the last party I spent with her. I remember nothing apart from waking up next to a random guy I'd never met.

"It's not like before Dani, I promise," she looked sincere. "It's a proper event for very important people. I'm not even drinking anymore."

I sighed, there was no harm in going. As long as I stayed away from men, I wasn't breaking the rules. "Fine."

"Yay, I knew you'd say yes, especially after the week you've had."

I scoffed. "You saw that?"

"I think everyone did, but this will be fun," she said but I raised an eyebrow. "Well, at least not dramatic."

"Yeah I could do with less drama," I nodded, "what's the event anyway?"

"Nothing interesting," she got up to leave after quickly moving past my question. "I better get going, I'll be at your hotel at 6."

I watched her walk out, confused. Why didn't she tell me who the host was or even the address? My phone buzzed again.

p.s wear red!!!