Prologue

The skyline of New York shimmered with stars, a city full of energy and never-ending buzz. Ananya Sharma stared out of the window in her new office at the 'Skyline Realty Group', her reflection a silhouette against the glass. It was a view she had worked to earn, but on nights like these it all felt empty, because it was only then that she would allow herself to reflect and think about the past she left at home. HIM - the man who always supported her, never once questioning her and then the HIM who was toxic and possessive the HIM who ruined everything they had. She was a successful agent, the best in her field as some would say, but one still stuck in past mistakes.

Rohan Singhania stood at the window of his hotel, looking out at the glittering city below him. New York - a city where you could get lost and reinvent yourself- and that's exactly what he did. The tabloids labeled him as the 'Handsome billionaire' a inspiration for many. But this success had come with a cost - his heart. It was the thing he had closed off because he knew letting someone like HER in would cost him everything only to leave him broken. Now he had a girlfriend someone he thought he liked enough to tolerate and a future. But his heart still beat for the person who he thought couldn't care less about him. Someone who left him in a heartbeat.

Who knows  what will happen when these two meet again?