Chapter 86: Seeking Revenge for My Sister

When Shen Jianian woke up, all she saw was white. The faint smell of disinfectant lingered in her nose, and her neck throbbed as if it had been snapped and reattached.

"Jianian, you're finally awake."

A somewhat excited voice sounded by her ear, and Shen Jianian blinked, seeing Bai Changxia's relieved smile.

"How do you feel?" Bai Changxia leaned in, asking softly.

Shen Jianian subconsciously reached out to touch her own neck, but Bai Changxia stopped her hand midway, preventing her movement. "The doctor has bandaged you up, don't touch it for now. Your injury is quite severe."

Shen Jianian tried to speak but found it difficult; her throat hurt like fire.

"Don't worry, I'll go call the doctor."

Bai Changxia tucked Shen Jianian's hand back under the blanket and hurried out, almost bumping into the man standing guard outside the door.

"You watch her; I'll go call the doctor."

Qù Mò heard the commotion in the ward and said indifferently, then walked to the other end of the corridor and entered the elevator.

Bai Changxia patted her chest in relief, then hurried back into the ward.

Soon, Qù Mò returned with a doctor in his forties. The doctor examined Shen Jianian, wearing a mask that obscured his expression.

"Why can't she speak?" Bai Changxia asked nervously.

"She was nearly suffocated by someone. It will take some time to recover. Don't worry; it will get better gradually," the doctor reassured her. "I'll prescribe some medication for her. Taking it on time will speed up her recovery."

"Okay, okay." Bai Changxia nodded quickly.

Qù Mò escorted the doctor out of the ward, standing at the door with his hands behind his back.

In Yicheng, Qù Mò made a phone call to Fù Jìchén, reporting Shen Jianian's condition.

"She's awake but can't speak yet," Qù Mò said in a low voice. "I've called the police, but there are no leads yet."

"Stay by her side and bring her to Beicheng when she's better," Fù Jìchén instructed, his tone serious. "If anything happens during this time, call me."

"Understood."

The brief conversation ended, and Qù Mò returned to the ward, trying to communicate with Shen Jianian. "Do you know who hurt you? Just nod or shake your head."

Shen Jianian closed her eyes, trying to recall. She hadn't seen the person's face, only knowing that he was a tall, sturdy man who appeared silently behind her, quickly binding her neck with rough rope. It was tight and strong, not for kidnapping her but for... strangling her right there.

Shen Jianian's chest heaved as she took a deep breath and shook her head slowly.

Qù Mò knew there was no point in asking further questions. If the police couldn't find the perpetrator, it was clear that the person was intentionally hiding and wouldn't easily reveal themselves.

Fortunately, a young man walking his dog, a German Shepherd, happened to pass by. This type of dog was alert and strong, capable of impressive bursts of power in dangerous situations, which saved Shen Jianian.

Otherwise, the consequences would have been unimaginable.

Qù Mò left the ward, closing the door behind him and standing outside with his hands behind his back.