XVIII. AREN'T I TOO YOUNG FOR THIS?

Beginne am Anfang

y/n went with the latter. he couldn't even get through a chapter without wondering about what he just read. the words seemed like they were jumbling up in his mind.! or he's just stupid. he doesn't know.

looking at his digital watch, it read 8:34. the tryouts started in a few days so that gave him plenty of time to train. but the thing was that he had no clue where the nearest public soccer field. or if they even had one.

"hey. mrs. manager. can i buy a soccer ball?"

she blinked at him and nodded. quiet, he liked that. y/n didn't get along with people who were overly talkative.

he settled for practicing at the park. with hope that some other kid would be interested with playing with him.

starting with kicking the ball around, then moved on to dribbling and full on kicking the ball into he wall. the graffiti sprayed onto it gave him an idea to aim for the head on the character of whoever drew it.

'bullseye!' his pride boosted up with each one he successful did. sae would be proud, wouldn't he?
.

.

.
y/n shouldn't be thinking about him, should he? he settled for defeating him instead of playing alongside him long ago. rivals weren't meant to think lovingly about the other. really. he's just under the impression that they are. it's one-sided. sae couldn't care less about him.

the negative thoughts got him to finally miss one shot. his mind instantly blurred and tried again. as expected, he got it this time but notably was more powerful.

"l/n-san. it's getting dark. I'm supposed to be escorting you to our hotel."

no response.

"l/n-san?"

again, nothing.

a sigh escaped the poor woman's mouth as she sat down on a bench.
.

.

.
an hour passed and his manager was getting fed up with having to remind him, or in his words, pester him till' he stopped. y/n was beginning to dislike that, however he eventually gave in and went with his manager to drive to the hotel.

★✮★

two days past by. he wasted them training for the tryouts. he needed a breather. and so when his manager wasn't looking, he snuck off out of the building. they were only on the third foor so getting in and out didn't take as much time.

of course, he brought his soccer ball with him. who do you take him for if he didn't?

y/n ran off into the night with only one thought, and that was to take a break at the park once again.

the breeze was as soft as snow. the rustling of the trees gave him a sense of tranquility, while as for his the exact opposite. the realization that he was chosen for try outs finally deemed on him. y/n wondered why his mom didn't have a more shocking reaction. but brushed it off. he didn't take it as seriously when he got the letter; but now the desire of becoming the greatest striker didn't seem like such a dream anymore.

he dropped his ass on the bench. the ball in his arms, y/n boring his eyes into the back of the imaginary head it had. what did it actually mean? why did he take up this career? because of his skill? or was it because of sae? probably; but all he could think was if he made the right choice. to choose a bourgeois oppupation wasn't exactly his aim but here we are, but wasn't he too young for this? why'd he have to start thinking about jobs now?

y/n viewed the situation as unfair, because of all the other kids their age. they're standing in germany pressured by the weight of holding up to his soccer career. and as for most of them were probably in bed. studying for their academics perhaps. worrying about their love life.

did sae feel like this when he left him behind? he never wanted to run after the only thing that gave him complete comfort till he broke down. but here we are.

this was so unfai- "l/n-san?! where are you..??"

the worried tone of his manager rung in his ear. till she was at his side. her scolding went in vain when the words were just going into his ear and out the other. the manager shut up and dragged him back to the hotel without a word.

and a sapphire-eyed male watched all of it happen. to y/n's moment of contemplation to his manager's arrival with a thought it mind. 'his soccer ball..looks new.'

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

when y/n was pondering about sae, sae was drinking y/n's favorite drink and reading his favorite book cause he forced him too, you know. before he left.

'why does n/n even like this scene? It's so sappy..'

but he read it either way. it's for y/n anyways, why shouldn't he?