in the woods (literally)

I was stumbling around in the unfamiliar woods, I began to think the trees behind me looked more and more unfamiliar. I hiked up a steep hill sweaty, tired, and hurt. As I hiked up the hill I saw what looked like a ton of treehouses, no not a tree house more like a tree town. There were beautiful very tall trees with very strange-looking buildings in the sky, some tall, some round, and some I felt as if my eyes were tricking me.

I walked toward what looked like an elevator made out of wood and vines. I walked onto the "elevator" and it immediately started going up towards the middle, and the largest "sky-building" out of all of them. Now that I was looking closer at the sky-buildings it looked almost as if they were defying gravity, like they were almost floating.

I walked onto a platform off the elevator and started toward a rope bridge across from the platform connecting to a "sidewalk" of rope bridges. I continued on the rope bridge onto one of five, maybe six rope bridges leading up toward the middle building, some upside down, some going completely upwards, almost like a ladder but not quite, and some not even connected to the rope bridge sidewalk.

As I walked up to the largest sky-building I made the grave mistake of looking up and meeting piercing teal eyes hidden behind dark braided black hair, she appeared to be just older than I was around nineteen. The girl with the braids held a bow and arrow pointing straight towards me.

An authoritative yet melodious voice spoke, "Who are you?"

"I-I'm Belle," I said with a shaking voice.

The girl with the braids looked at me with such a wise, yet utterly confused look.

"Hmm, how old are you?"

"Uhh, I'm seventeen?" I felt as if I could trust her, but also like if I lied I would get shot with an arrow.

"Hm, normally they get lost before the age of thirteen." she was confused, yet looking like she knew exactly what was going on.

"Lost?" I said, having had no clue what she was talking about.

"I'll spare you for now," the girl with braids said with a subtle sarcastic undertone. "Come inside, I'll introduce you to the crew."

"Crew?"

We headed through some quite large wooden doors into a house that looked twice as large on the inside than it did on the outside.

It looked like we were in a very nature-like living room, kitchen, and dining combined. It had a braided rope heading straight up to the next floor with another elevator next to it.

As we walked there were tons of different people, they all looked human-ish. Some of them were floating, or roasting marshmallows over a friend's hand, but besides that pretty normal.

"Oh and by the way, if you get into the crew we change your name." The girl with the braids said.

"M-my name?" I asked. I was caught very off guard.

"Yeah, I'm Calantha."

  "What was your old name?" I said without a second thought.

She raised her eyebrow slightly at me like a mother silently scolding her child.

"Mary, but you may only ever call me Calantha," She said with an authoritative tone.

"Yes, Calantha," I said, full of worry.

"Good, I'll have Jasmine show you around, if I feel you fit in with the crew I'll let you stay."

"O-okay." I was terrified.

idrk yetजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें