Chapter 6

As they entered the training grounds, Toji couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. This was where ninja honed their skills, where they pushed themselves to the limit in pursuit of mastery. It was a place of endless possibilities, where dreams took shape and destinies were forged.

With Tenten in tow, Toji found himself observing her with renewed interest. She seemed to possess a keen intellect when it came to weapons, her eyes lighting up as she surveyed the various training dummies and practice weapons scattered throughout the area. It was clear that she had a deep appreciation for the art of kenjutsu and a genuine passion for the study of weaponry.

"So, Tenten," Toji began, gesturing towards the array of weapons. "What's your weapon of choice?"

Tenten's eyes sparkled with excitement as she considered the question. "Hmm, that's a tough one. I've always been drawn to the elegance of the sword," she admitted, her gaze lingering on a particularly sleek katana displayed nearby. "But I also have a soft spot for projectile weapons, like throwing knives and shuriken."

Naruto's eyes widened with interest. "Throwing knives? That sounds awesome! Can you show us how to use them?"

Tenten blinked before giving out a little blush on her face. "W-well, I'm not exactly no user yet, but in the future I wish I'll be one of the best out there!"

Naruto gleamed at her promise of her use of a ninja. "Oh ok! It's like me being Hokage!"

Toji flicks his ear with uninterest. "Could I see the sword you got?"

"Oh! S-sure!" She gave the sword to the banished one. "What are you about to do?"

Naruto grinned. "Just wait. He's gonna do something cool!" Tenten side glance in confusion.

Toji took the katana in his hands, feeling the weight of the blade as he tested its balance. The sword was expertly crafted, its edge gleaming in the sunlight as Toji admired its craftsmanship. He could sense the power held within its steel, a silent promise of the battles it had seen and the foes it had vanquished.

With a flick of his wrist, Toji drew the katana from its sheath, the blade slicing through the air with a satisfying swish. He shifted into a stance, his movements fluid and precise as he began to perform a series of intricate sword forms, each strike executed with impeccable technique.

Naruto's eyes widened in awe as he watched Toji's display, his mouth hanging open in amazement. "Whoa, Toji! That's amazing!"

Tenten's cheeks flushed with admiration as she watched Toji's skillful movements. "Wow, I've never seen anyone handle a sword like that before. You're really talented, Toji!"

Toji grinned, the thrill of wielding the katana coursing through his veins. "Thanks, Tenten. I've had some practice," he admitted, his eyes alight with excitement.

Naruto laughed in excitement. "Yea! Even when the time when-" he was cut off by a huge bump by the butt of the sword to shut him up.

"Like I said, I had practice." Grumbled Toji. Naruto glared at the lip cut boy while he was signaling a finger towards his mouth to be silent.

Toji chuckled at Naruto's interruption, shaking his head in amusement. "Sorry about that. But yeah, I've spent some time training with swords before."

Naruto pouted, rubbing the back of his head where Toji had lightly bumped him with the sword. "Hey, watch it, Toji! You almost gave me a headache!"

Toji smirked, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "Consider it payback for all those times you've interrupted me."

Naruto scowled playfully, but the corners of his lips twitched with suppressed laughter. "Fair enough, fair enough. But hey, speaking of training, aren't you excited about starting our first  year at the academy?"