𝟎𝟎𝟔: 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔
𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

The sound of the door slamming against the wall was what woken Aurora and Finn. The pair jumped and she opened her eyes to see Tommy stood there in the doorway. "Get up. Get ready." He demanded, pointing a finger at her. His head turned to Finn and he automatically frowned. "And what the bloody hell are you doing in here?" He asked.

Finn groaned and rubbed his eyes. "Must've fell asleep last night." He yawned.

Rory held her hands over her eyes to block out the sunlight that seeped through the window. "Why so early, Tom?" The dark haired girl asked agitatedly.

Tommy blew smoke from his cigarette. "We're doing it today." He said plainly before turning to the door and leaving once more. Aurora sat up, leaning on her elbows.

Finn remained in the chair he had fell asleep in and blinked a few times.

"Doing what?!" Rory's voice bounced off the walls as she shouted angrily. "Fucking hell." She sighed, throwing her head back down onto the pillow. Finn finally stood and rubbed his eyes again. "Jesus christ." He muttered, leaving the room without another word.

Aurora tried to remember why Finn had fell asleep in her bedroom and when she did, she sat there for a few moments thinking.

After they had returned to the house from being at the canal, Rory told Finn he could sit and talk for a while due to the fact he didn't seem to pleased about coming home at the time they did. Yes it was late but he was somewhat enjoying her company. He'd never admit that though.

He allowed her to change first before joining her. Finn had sat in the chair beside her window which was big enough for him to sit comfortably. It was similar to the couch they had downstairs except it was a chair.

They began talking about things and eventually the pair fell asleep, not caring to address Finn still being there.

"Rory!" Thomas scolded from downstairs.

"Coming!" Aurora shouted, quickly jumping from the bed and grabbing a pair of trousers from the wardrobe as well as a shirt. She almost fell when pulling the trousers over her legs but somehow managed to keep her balance.

After running a brush through her hair, she rushed down the stairs and scooped her shoes up from beside the door.

"Now will you tell me what we're doing?" She asked. Tommy took a breath. "Today is the day we finish things with Billy Kimber." He said, throwing a jacket at her.

"You bloody what?" Rory frowned, completely unaware at the plan he had been making.

"We're goin' the races. That's all you need to know, alright?" Tommy said with a stern tone.

"I thought I was grounded." Rory tilted her head. Tommy stopped to turn toward her. "So you heard us then?" He asked. She hummed in response and shrugged the coat over her shoulders. It was Ada's old coat but she didn't mind.

"Well today is an exception." He shrugged.

"You work in a strange way, Tom." She insulted, sneaking a piece of toast from the table. "Just go and bloody find Finn and make sure youse get down to the Garrison— youse already missed the family meeting." He dismissed her angrily.