Reacting to a Surprise Hug From the Reader

(Gender ambiguous).

Includes: Jake Muller (6), Helena Harper (6), Ada Wong (6), Chris Redfield (6), Piers Nivans (6), Leon Kennedy (6).

Warnings: n/a

====================

Jake Muller:

- Jake is not used to this stuff. Being close to people, getting attached, being affectionate, all that.

- When you come out of nowhere and try to hug him, he pushes you off out of a mixture of surprise and reflex.

- You're both just standing there. There's an uncomfortable moment of silence.

- Jake's blue eyes dart away from you. He clears his throat, then gruffly mumbles something that might be sorry. 

- He slowly holds his arms out, offering to try the hug again. He does want one from you. 

Helena Harper:

- A startled grunt escapes Helena's lips. Her body tenses for a beat.

- "...What're you doing?" she asks.

- "Hugging you," you answer. Okay. Helena knew that. She wasn't expecting such a plain answer, she was expecting... She didn't know what she was expecting.

- Whatever. This is nice. With a small sigh, she returns the hug.

- Her hold is loose at first and gradually grows stronger.

Ada Wong:

- The mutual feelings between you and Ada are obvious. More so on your end than hers. She tends to keep true affection dangling just out of reach.

- Soft stuff like hugs? Not commonly received. Even more rarely given. Surprise is an understatement here.

- Ada hums. There's soft amusement there.

- When she reciprocates, her arms wrap around you almost lazily.

- She'll let you hold on for a bit. After all, who knows when you'll get to see her next.

Chris Redfield:

- Chris is at a point in his life where he won't admit he needs a hug, but he does. Desperately.

- At first, his hands grasp your biceps, and it seems as though he might reject your hug.

- But then, he slowly wraps his arms around you, pulling you impossibly closer and squeezing you tightly.

- He's never been one for long hugs, but he remains in your embrace for quite a while.

- When he pulls away, you find that his gaze has softened, though only briefly.

Piers Nivans:

- When you practically throw yourself at Piers, it's like stepping on a beartrap. Except it's far more enjoyable!

- His hazel eyes widen a fraction in surprise.

- As soon as you make contact, his arms immediately close around you tightly. Congratulations, you are now trapped.

- Not only does he hold you for a long time, but he also gives you a few good squeezes.

- When you finally pull apart, Piers sends you a smile, keeping his hands on your shoulders.

Leon Kennedy:

- Things have been especially rocky and insane lately, so the hug is a pleasant little surprise. 

- The corners of Leon's lips lift momentarily. He huffs out a quiet ghost of a laugh.

- After a second, his arms wrap firmly around your waist in return. His tiredness shows.

- He takes a deep breath, inhaling your scent.

- Two seconds of silence pass. He makes some borderline cheesy remark about how you can't keep away from him.