Not a monster

I was shocking by the bodies all over the floor, the bullets whistle near my ears. It was shooting every where. When all of a sudden i got shot in the ribs ! It was like the time stop, was I dying ?
I wake up, tired of this nightmar. After coming back from war i stared to see thing like that, it’s like i miss her. I get up to take a big glass of water when I realised that a new inmate was looking at me, I looked away, I hate those german invader they are just monster who kills innocent jewish. I hate my job as well but at least i was able to make them regret those innocent lives they’ve taken by torturing them.
After coming back with my bottle I see the same inmate looking at me, what do he want? Is he one of those horrible homosexual ? After all if they are capable of killing man they should be able to kiss them as well and maybe thing more disgusting… I hear this trash calling me, i looked at him and asked him what he wanted.
« Can I have some water sir, i’m so tired and thirsty, please. »
Water ? Who do he think I am, his mother ? I responded :
« No, there water up there. » I pointed at little bathtub « You can use it to drink, shower etc… »
He look at what I was just pointing. I can see the disgust in his face when he saw the brown water and the dead bugs in it. He looked back at me with a sad face, I totaly understand him but the rules are the rules, i could be fired just for talking to him ! I go back to my seat to watch them.
Normaly i fall asleep but not this time. I cannot sleep when I think I could be at the place of this man, who’s probably my aged, dying because an asshole, don’t want to give him a sip of water. I sight, get up and give him my bottle, I regret i could be punished just for that but when I see the star in his eyes I couldn’t cared less about that punishement. I am not a monster.
He thank’s me and ask if maybe i had something to eat too. I looked him dead in the eyes, is he serious ? I was not forced to give him that water and if i do it’s because I felt sorry. I think he understand it because he start to apologies.
« I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to forced you in any way. I’m just tired, hungry and you are the only one who treat me like an human. It’s like you are not like the other, you are not a monster. » he said.
When he said that I was feeling … good ? It make me a little bit uncomfortable so he started apologing more and more.
« It’s alright, I said, it’s true that it’s been a long time without speaking to an actual human. »
I gave him bread and cheese for him to eat.
« If you want anything else you can ask me » I said.
Then I go back to my post and felt asleep realising that maybe they are not all monster.
*Hey! It's the first time i post one of my stories, it's short ans i think that will only be short stories but that how i like to write them. English is not my first language plus i am dyslexic so there will be spelling mistakes, i'm so sorry for that. *