CHAPTER 23

Precap : Kavin had to choose between Purvi and Mumbai, he was wondering what to do next. Whom should he save ?
______________________________________

Kavin couldn't decide what to do. He was just standing there helpless. He was sure he couldn't shoot anymore. Shooting ? That's a big task, he can't even touch the gun anymore. He received a call from the city hospital. He picked up.

'Ka--kavin..' Purvi spoke in a weak tone.  Before Kavin could reply, he heard her coughing, struggling to inhale as if someone was trying to strangle her to death. He heard an evil laugh.

'Pyaar ya Mumbai..? Kisi ek ko chuno...' An elderly manly voice was heard.

'Kaun ho tum..? Jaane do Purvi ko.. Tum jo koi bhi ho.. Tumhara dushmani mujhse hai na... Mujhse badla lo, Purvi ko jaane do.. Vo nirdosh hai..' Kavin said requesting the man.

'Mum--Mumbai ko kuch nahi hoga... Kavin Mumbai ko kuch.. Kuch nahi hone denge...' Purvi said in a feeble tone.

'Achcha... Thik hai toh mar jao tum...' The person strangled her neck while she tried to release his grip.

'Jaane do Purvi ko..' Kavin opened the door and pushed the man aside.

Yes, Kavin came there. As soon as he heard Purvi struggling for oxygen, he couldn't help but to run towards her. And there he is to save his love, his wife.

'Purvi.. Tum thik ho..?' She coughed while Kavin took her into his arms.

'Mumbai..' She said and saved Kavin from the man who attacked him.

Purvi stood up with Kavin's help and pushed Kavin outside and closed the door. She was handling the man.

'Mumbai ko bachaiye...' She said.

How could he deny it ? Its the first thing she ever asked after their marriage. On the other hand, she was struggling with the man. Kavin couldn't help as the door was locked from inside. So he left to save Mumbai. He sat in his car.

'Mai CID team ko bahar nikalunga toh vo log Mumbai ko bacha lenge.. Mai bas wish karunga ki Purvi safe rahe mere vaapis aane tak...' He thought.

Kavin checked the last location of his team and he went there. Someone was about to attack him from behind but Kavin sensed the presence of someone behind him, so he rescued himself, kicked the goon aside.

'Batao CID team ko kaha khaid kiya..?'

'Mai nahi bataunga..'

Kavin being pissed makes the goon unconscious and searches for his team in a godown. He couldn't see as smoke spreaded all over the room. He went unconscious and when he opened his eyes, all he saw was that he was tied.

'Apne team ko bachane aaye the na tum magar afsoos ab khud bhi nahi bachoge Kavin..' A man spoke through the speaker in his room.

'Himmat hai toh haath khol ke yeh baat bolo ki mai apni team ko bacha sakta hu ya nahi.. Peet piche se vaar kya karta hai, himmat hai toh saamne aake vaar karo fir dikhata hu tumhe ki mai kya cheez hu..'

'Tch tch tch.. Kuch bolne se pehle apne aas paas bhi dekh lo Kavin..'

Kavin looked around and saw his team members in 3 different rooms. ACP, Pankaj, Freddy, Sachin, Vansh and Mayur in one room, Abhijeet, Shreya, Divya, Jaywanti, Salunkhe, Raj in second room. Daya, Tarika, Dushyant, Ishita, Priya, Vikram in the third room.

'Choice tumhara hai Kavin.. Apne team ko bachaoge ya apne pyaar ko..?'

A spot light was turned on and Purvi was being strangled. She opened her eyes and saw in front of her.

'Purvi

'Purvi..?'

'Kise bachoge Kavin..? Apne team ko ya pyaar ko..? Oh sorry bhul gaya batana.. Purvi ke maut ke baad teeno darwaze khulenge aur tumhara team bach jaayega.. Aur agar apne biwi ko bachana chahte ho toh teeno kamron mei zeher hai, sab ke marte hi Purvi choot jaayegi..'

'Purvi ko jaane do, kya bigada usne tumhara..?'

'Well, hamesha sirf pyaar ki jeet kyun hota hai..? Batao Pari... Sirf pyaar ki jeet kyun hota hai..?' The man gave an evil smile.

'Pari..? Purvi ka nickname ise kaise pata..?' ACP thought.

'Tum batao Kavin.. Pyaar ki jeet kyun hota hai..? Ya CID team wale batayenge..'

'Pyaar hai hi aisi cheez jo har mushkil ke bawazood bhi saath nahi chodta.. Toh jeet toh hona hi hai..' Kavin said. He tried to talk with the man so that he can distract him and the team can find a way to escape.

'Bahut chalak ban rahe ho Kavin tum.. Tumhe kya laga, tum mujhe baaton mei uljhaoge aur tumhara team koi raasta nikalega bahar jaane ka..? Bahut galat soch rahe ho tum.. Ab iski saza toh milega hi tumhe..'

The man showed him a tv in the room where Purvi was. Everyone can see the screen. Two kids were kidnapped.

'Pari jaante ho yeh bachche kaun hai..? Yeh Raj aur Priya ke bachche hai.. Tumhari bhatiji aur bhatija.. Ha Pari, Raj koi aur nahi, tumhara saga bhai Nakul hai.. Aur ek shocking news batau tumhe..? Priya Kavin ki badi behen hai na ki uska pehla pyaar..'

Everyone was shocked and they thought how does the man know about their truth ? Kavin and others looked at the kids.

'Bachchon ko jaane do..' Pradyuman shouted.

'Pradyuman.. Chillao mat.. Jaanta hu tumhare pota poti hai.. Taras aa raha hai tum pe.. Pehle apne biwi se dur rahe, fir beti se, fir bete aur bahu se aur ab pote poti se dur rahoge zindagi bhar..'

'Himmat hai toh mere saamne aao.. Mujhse badla lo.. Bachchon ko jaane do..'

'Aise kaise jaane du Pradyuman..'

'Hume yaha se nikal na hoga varna bachche...' Priya got panicked .

The doors were opened, even the man was shocked to see the doors opened. He ran away from there quickly. The team saw Purvi hanging on the rope thus sacrificing herself and making others safe. Kavin ran to her and got her down.

Abhijeet turned towards Pradyuman and said, 'sir, hume chalna chahiye, Mumbai aur bachchon ko hamari zaroorat hai..'

'Mai Purvi ke paas hu, aap log jaaiye..' Kavin said and having no choice the team left to save Mumbai and the kids.

Kavin patted her cheeks, she didn't wake up. But he noticed that her pulse was weak, so he rushed her to the hospital as soon as possible.  The doctor checked her and admitted her.

Kavin wanted to punish himself for not keeping her safe. He sat on the chair and realised that Purvi fufilled her duties everytime in their relationship but he didn't.  He failed, failed as her husband, failed as an uncle (mama) who couldn't save his niece ane nephew.

On the other hand, the children were kidnaped and the cops were unaware of their location and Mumbai was in threat as the cops got information that Mumbai can be blasted any moment.