Don't Slow Your Roll

Start from the beginning

Marcy smiled, "okay."
Her smile went straight. "Wait, how does he get to the places that he wants to."

"What do you mean?"

"Like, okay, if someone who isn't in the Nightosphere makes the portal, it leads somewhere here, right?"

"That's the jam, cupcake."

"So if you're already here, where does it go?"

"Wherever you want it to. It's up to the person changing the spell. Somehow it kinda knows what the caster slash speaker is thinking."

She thought about that. "So, my so-called father could have just told the portal to find me? Or does it just do it based off location?"

"Nahh, it can track people too."

"What?" she asked angrily.

"You don't even have to know where they are."

"Oh my glob, all this time he could have just found me that easily? Instead of leaving me there to fend for myself, me being lucky to find people to help me?"

"Pretty much," Chad said casually.

"He never globbin' loved me. Uggh, now I just really need to get out of here before I make the huge mistake of hurting him."

"Physically or mentally?"

She balled her fists. "Physically."

"Alrighty. Well, I know he's gonna leave soon. Just give him a sec."

***

Hunson began drawing the face ten minutes later. "Caseyyy! I'm leaving sooooon!"

"Kaykayy!"

"Your name is Chad," Marcy corrected.

"I can't correct the boss. I know, tough shit for me."

"Wow, that must suck."

They heard the portal open and close again. "Yeah, now give him a sec."

They waited about ten seconds. "Okay Marcy, go ahead. I'll watch from the hallway."

"Do I need to draw another face?"

"You probably should, just in case. Like I said, I'll watch from the hall. I'm pretty sure he's gone. "

"Oh no wait, do you have the time?"

"Oh wait, yeah... the sun might be out..."

She sighed.

"No wait, I think I have an umbrella. Ooo, and take this jacket. "

"What about my legs?" She had been wearing shorts down to her knees.

"I have some really long socks."

Chad handed her everything she needed.

"Thanks. Much love, I guess," Marcy joked.

"Aye," they started walking down the hall, "save all that lovin' for your girl."

She nodded to him and smiled. They reached the end of the hall. "Okay, find the chalk, and hurry before he comes back."

"Thanks. For everything." She quickly walked over to the floor where the chalk fell off the living room table. She drew the face on the floor fast, turning back to Chad at the end of the hall.

She did her best to think of Bonnibel, which wasn't hard. Even with all her gear, Marcy hoped her girlfriend was inside.

She stood up and said: "maloso vobiscum et cum spiritum!" with confidence.

The portal opened, and Hunson appeared from the kitchen. "Marceline! The flip are you doing?!"

She turned and gasped. "Dad? I thought you were gone!"

"No, I forgot some things! Marcy, dont't jump in!" He took a few steps toward her before she raised up her palm at him.

"Stop. Dad, I need to go back."

"What, why?"

"For her."

"Oh no, for that girl I've been hearing about?"

She nodded sternly, as if she said a statement.

Hunson seemed like he gave up. Chad was watching, he couldn't believe his eyes. Hunson was giving up already, like he was suddenly weak. "Ya know what, just go to that dumb girl, since you like her so much. Come back when she breaks your heart."

"I will," Marcy promised. "Even though she won't." She awkwardly floated down into the portal, holding her umbrella.