Elephant in the room

~🐹~

~🐹~

Hanbin was thrilled to start his new gig as a dance tutor at Yeonjun's studio. These two dance-crazy pals had been inseparable back in college, until Yeonjun graduated first, and moved to Seoul. Now, the chance to team up with Yeonjun again had him practically spinning on the street with excitement.

Eager to be early on his first day, Hanbin arrived at the bus stop when the sun peeked over the horizon. His eyes caught a small bakery tucked behind the stop. Through the glasses, the cabinets were displaying mouth-watering pastries. Hanbin's stomach rumbled, but he quickly reminded himself to stick to his diet. After all, as a dancer and a role model for his students, he needed to stay in shape.

He attempted to distract himself by admiring the meticulous interior of the bakery. Its delicate design was themed by pink flowers and Victorian furniture, exuding a charm of its own. Despite the early hour, the place was nearly empty, save for a vague silhouette behind the counter, plus a handsome man indulging in his coffee and toast– a blonde stranger who appeared to be around Hanbin's age, if not younger, dressed impeccably in formal attire and semi-rimless glasses— a neat man indeed.

In contrast to his professional demeanor, he gleefully devoured his food, taking big, messy bites like a contented child. There was something adorable about the sight, reminiscent of a small animal reveling in its natural state.

Oddly enough, Hanbin found himself drawn to this scene. Simple bliss bloomed in his heart as he observed the man enjoying his meal. His heart fluttered. Perhaps, when Hanbin looked for a partner, he fancied someone who ate well like that pretty blonde at the bakery.

Another sunrise, Hanbin spotted the blonde in the same bakery, munching at the same table with a contented smile. As days gone by, he figured out a pattern– the man would frequent the bakery every Mon-Wed-Friday, grabbing his breakfast. (He mostly ordered toast with jam, occasionally opting for a croissant if the toast bread ran out. Don't ask why Hanbin knew all that.) Hanbin assured himself he wasn't a stalker; it just so happened that he was there when the bus made a habit of arriving late. But still, he had been paying the man a little too much attention.

Had he reached out? Well, the thought did cross his mind, but he's definitely not entering a place coated with the scent of freshly baked goods. That sweetness alone would put him under temptation. Besides, an observation pulled him back– it wasn't just a classy breakfast that drew the man there. He kept an eye on the interactions he shared with the bakery owner. They often engaged in blithe conversations, sitting opposite each other.

The owner was tall and handsome. What if the blonde had feelings for him, which explained his frequent visits to the bakery. Perhaps they were even in a relationship already. If that was the case, Hanbin knew he should bury any hope.

~🐼~

"Your latte and cheese croissant~" Soobin, in his apron, placed the plate and teacup on the table with a capitalist smile.